Lyne Park is located on the Sydney Harbour foreshore along New South Head Road, Rose Bay. The park provides a range of local and regional recreational opportunities, access to a commercial seaplane base and provides access to commercial and public ferry services.
Reclaimed from tidal sand flats in 1902 to form a 14 acre (5.6 ha.) reserve named in honour of Sir William Lyne, the N.S.W. Premier from 1899 to 1901. In 1905, 8 acres (3.2 ha.) at the east end was revoked for use as a recreation oval for the Navy. In 1938, a flying boat base was established on this ground - the first flight to England leaving 5 July , 1938 (Short 'Empire' class, Cooee, VH-ABF). The last commercial flight was on 10 September, 1974 to Lord Howe Island. The base was subsequently demolished and returned to parkland.
Download the Lyne Park Plan of Management:
Dogs are permitted on a leash at all times and unleashed between 3.30pm - 10.30am.
Bore water used