Why work at Woollahra?
We look after some of Sydney’s most beautiful suburbs, parks and beaches.
Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members.
We offer career opportunities over a range of areas, whether you are looking for an indoor, outdoor, office based, trade specific, technical or specialist role, we have it all.
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation for all staff and we prides ourselves on creating a safe and inviting working environment.
We strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience and we are dedicated to looking after our staff, because if we look after our people, we will be better placed to look after our community.
Here are some great benefits that we offer:
Work / life balance
- 35 to 38 hour working week
- 9 day fortnight or three weekly RDO (Rostered Day Off) for eligible full time staff
- Health and Wellbeing Leave
- Above standard Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Access to Long Service Leave after five years of continuous service
- Four weeks’ leave for eligible supporting parents
- Flexible start and finish times
- Provisions for working from home
Health and wellbeing
- Fitness Passport membership for eligible employees. Enjoy access to the 810+ fitness facilities, for a fraction of the price of a traditional gym membership.
- Lunch time fitness classes
- Social touch football
- Access to showers onsite
- Enjoy a walk or swim on your lunch break
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Social Club activities
- Free membership to our libraries
- Friendly and inclusive culture
- Opportunities to be involved - join Sustainability Sparks, Consultative or Social Club Committees
- Health assessments
- Flu vaccinations
- Skin checks
Reward and recognition
- Annual Long Service Awards ceremony
- Reward and Recognition program to recognise achievements and success
- Best Service Program, encouraging innovation and rewarding Change Champions
In 2023 we held our inaugural Reward and Recognition Awards to celebrate members of staff who had made outstanding contributions to demonstrating our values.
Woollahra Council General Manager Craig Swift-McNair with award winners at the 2023 Rewards & Recognition presentation
Training and development
- Generous learning and development opportunities
- Comprehensive corporate induction program and job-related training
- Higher duties and secondment opportunities
- Annual Performance Development Review
- Study Assistance program
- Internal career opportunities