Once your development is approved (building certification)

I have Development Consent. When can I start work?

Before you commence work you must:

  • meet all deferred commencement and other pre-commencement development consent conditions
  • pay the long service levy
  • pay all contributions and fees that are applicable
  • get a construction certificate
  • appoint a builder
  • get your site safety and environmental controls in place
  • carry out dilapidation surveys and give the reports to Council
  • get all insurances in place, and
  • provide us with your Notice of Commencement.

This list may not contain everything you may need to do.