Our approach to community building
Woollahra Council has adopted the Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) model in recognition of the wealth of skills, knowledge and experience in the community.
Our aim is to work with members of the community, organisations and groups to develop projects, ideas and initiatives that harness and build community capacity.
About the ABCD model
The ABCD model is an approach to Community Development that focuses on identifying the collective strengths, skills and assets within a community and building on these so as to create a stronger and more connected community.
ABCD believes that all members of the community have abilities, talents and experiences to contribute to make their community a better place to live in.
The model is used to:
- create opportunities for everyone in the community to be included
- develop maps of the resources that communities can use to grow strong
- discover what works in the community and build on it
- discover what people care about
- engage with the community and build partnerships that work
- discover the role of individuals, groups and organisations in community building.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: 9391 7000