Dinghy storage hire waiting list
You can use this form to apply to be placed on the waiting list for hire of a dinghy storage space at one of Council's storage facilities. Applicants can only apply for one location.
Please be aware that there is an approximate 3 - 5 year wait for a space at all locations. When storage becomes available you will be contacted and asked to make payment. Upon receipt, a storage bay and permit sticker for your watercraft will be allocated.
Annual Fees (valid to 30 June 2024)
Note: Hire fees will not be pro-rata.
Please read the following terms and conditions before completing this form.
Terms and conditions
Conditions of Hire
Conditions for use of a storage facility will include the following:
- Dinghy is defined as; a single hull water craft no longer than 3.5m in length (except for Marine Parade, Watsons Bay where dinghies shall not exceed more than three (3) metres in length).
- Applicants can only apply for one location.
- Permits remain the property of Woollahra Municipal Council at all times.
- The yearly rental of a dinghy storage facility will commence 1 August and terminate 31 July.
- Lost or damaged permits must be reported as soon as possible.
- Dinghy storage permits must be firmly affixed to the outside of the dinghy or water craft in such a manner as to be clearly visible. Any dinghy or water craft not displaying a current valid permit in this manner, (even though a permit may have been issued), may be impounded by Council.
- Permits must not be transferred, sold to another person or duplicated. If permits are used in contravention to the conditions of issue or fraudulently the Council may withdraw the permit.
- Council accepts no liability or responsibility for loss, damage or theft of the craft stored at the facility.
- Council must be notified within 30 days of intention to no longer use storage facility such that applicants on waiting list can be offered the position.
- Applications must only store one vessel per allocated bay.
- Storage hirers must promptly notify Council of change of address or contact details. If contact cannot be made with the hirer, the agreement may be terminated.
- Council reserves the right to terminate the hire agreement if any of the relevant conditions are breached or if the hirer misuses the facility in any way.
- Craft that are stored in foreshore areas without Council authorisation, will be removed.
- Craft that are derelict, awaiting repair, abandoned or inappropriately installed in a storage facility will be removed and impounded by Council Rangers in accordance with the Impounding Act 1993.
- Craft without a permit sticker and taking up space in a facility will also be removed under the Impounding Act 1993.
- You, the applicant, indemnify Council from and against all actions, claims, costs, losses, expenses and damages (including the costs of defending or settling any action or claim) in respect of:
- loss of, loss of use of, or damage to property of Council; or
- personal injury (including death) or illness to any person or loss of, loss of use of, or damage to any property;
- resulting from or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by you arising out of your activities undertaken at or near Council's facility.
- Your liability to indemnify Council is reduced proportionally to the extent that a negligent act or omission of Council or its employees has contributed to the injury, damage or loss.