Permit to stand plant

Where there is a need to place an item of plant on a road or footpath (e.g. mobile crane/concrete pump/other plant) a permit must be obtained from Council. You must ensure that all required documents are submitted with the application form so all material can be assessed together.

Download the Permit to Stand Plant application form(PDF, 265KB)

If 3m of travel lane width cannot be maintained at all times, this is deemed as a temporary road closure. For road closures a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) – in accordance with the RMS document "Procedures for Use in the Preparation of a TMP"(PDF, 18KB) must be submitted with the application.

Temporary Road Closures require approval by the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) and consideration of the Local Traffic Committee. The RMS requires at least 2 weeks notice hence applications requiring road closures may take up to six weeks to process.

Permit to Stand Plant applications must be lodged at least 48 hours prior to start of activity. Applications that do not provide 48 hours notice will incur higher fees as they need to be fast tracked.

Once the application has been assessed, approved and the prescribed fees paid, a permit will be issued. The approved Permit to Stand Plant must remain on-site and produced on demand if required by a Council Officer or Police.

For any further queries, please contact Customer Service on 9391 7000.