- Visit us
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Library app
- Using the library
- Explore our collection
- What's On
- Children's services
- Youth services
- Woollahra Council Plaque Scheme
Paddington Library - sparking curiosity for 130 years
- Paddington Town Hall and Paddington Library 1892 - 1940
- The Librarians 1892 – 1940
- Frank Green Library 1952 - 1977
- Bohemian Paddington and beyond
- Paddington Library - Your stories
- Discovering and Rediscovering Woollahra
- World War 1 Remembered
- World War 2 Remembered
- A brief history of Woollahra
- Administrative history
- Mayors and chairmen
- Petition to form the Municipality
- Euroka Reserve, Woollahra
- Proclamation of the Municipality
- Women aldermen and councillors of Woollahra
- Electing the first Council
- First meeting of the Council
- The first Council Chambers
- Council records
- External resources
- Family history
- Local areas
- Local history fast facts
- Oral history
- Searching your property
- Women in Woollahra
- Woollahra's historic landscapes
- Home Library Service
Our Local History Collection can transport you into the history and heritage of our local places and people.
Discover a large range of books, manuscripts, photographs, records, maps and other documents which can give insight into Woollahra’s past, and can be used for researching the history of our area. Many resources have been digitised and can be viewed on our Woollahra Libraries Digital Archive, while others can be located at Woollahra Library at Double Bay or from the extensive research available on the links in this section.
Search the collection
Local History Guides
We've prepared a number of guides to assist you in your search:
Research services and assistance
Can’t find what you are looking for above?
Submit your Local History Research request here Ask the Library
Local History staff are available for paid assistance and research services via appointment. Local History staff are available for assistance via appointment. Initial appointments are for 30 minutes only and are free of charge. Booking must be made 7 days in advance.
The following booking times are available:
- Monday to Friday 10am - 12pm
- Wednesday 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday 10am - 12pm
Fill in the form to make a booking enquiry or call 9391 7100.
Fees and charges apply for additional appointments, consultations or research per the below.
|Non-commercial local history research (per hour)||$45.50|
|Commercial local history research (per hour)||$70.00|
|File retrieval fee (per file part)||$18.00|
|Digital Image File - based on cost of reproduction (CR) plus a service charge||CR + $41.50|
You can now pay online for library services.