Objective of Plan
The objective of a construction management plan is to plan the work so as to minimise the impacts of the construction activities on
- nearby residents
- users of public footpaths and roads
- parking in the vicinity of the site
- surrounding streets used to access the site, and
- protected trees on the site
- bushland and public open space.
Content of Construction Management Plan
A construction management plan shall address the following requirements where they are relevant to the development:
a. Describe the anticipated impact of the construction works on:
- local traffic routes
- pedestrian circulation adjacent to the building site
- and on-street parking in the local area
b. Describe the means proposed to:
- manage construction works to minimise such impacts,
- provide for the standing of vehicles during construction,
- provide for the movement of trucks to and from the site, and deliveries to the site
c. Show the location of:
- any site sheds and any anticipated use of cranes and concrete pumps,
- any areas of Council property on which it is proposed to install a Works Zone (Construction Zone),
- structures to be erected such as hoardings, scaffolding or shoring,
- any excavation.
d. Describe the excavation impact on the area including
- Number and types of trucks to be used
- Time frame
- Streets to be used
- Routes to be taken
- Directions of travel
- Truck storage areas
- It is recommended that vehicle routes be shared
- Excavation is to only be carried out outside peak and school hours between 9.30am to 2.30pm week days
- The CMP is to include both demolition and excavation works.
e. Tree Protection (Exclusion) Zones, Bushland and Public Open Space
Show the location of all Tree Protection (Exclusion) zones:
- storage of building materials, access through Reserve will not be permitted without prior approval by Council
- as required within the conditions of the development consent.
The Plan must make provision for all materials, plant, etc. to be stored within the development site at all times during construction.
Other approval required
The following structures and works associated with a development require a separate approval:
- Shoring or excavation
- Standing of cranes and concrete pumps
- Work Zones
- Storage access through Public Reserves.
If these approvals have not been obtained submit the application for each in conjunction with the submission of the construction management plan.