Andrew Petrie Oval (Woollahra Oval 1)
O’Sullivan Road, Rose Bay
Previously known as Woollahra Oval 1
Andrew Petrie Oval's new synthetic rugby field was opened on 6 April 2018. It is also the home ground of Eastern Suburbs Rugby Union Football Club.
Limited off street parking is available from O’Sullivan Road
- All weather synthetic rugby field, which meets the requirements of World Rugby and FIFA
- Public toilets
- Lighting for night training
Things to do
- Playing sports
- Community events
The oval is part of an area of some 32 1/2 acres (13.2 ha.) fronting O'Sullivan Road in Rose Bay that was acquired in 1923 by the Council from a 'Rose Bay Freehold Company'. Chinese market gardeners on the site were given notice to quit and a park with an oval put in its place. A pavilion named in honour of George Grimley was constructed in 1927, a golf course put in place by 1931 and two croquet lawns layed down in 1934. Subsequently the club rooms of the Rose Bay Rugby Football Club was erected on the site.
Plans of management
Specific conditions for use of synthetic field
Prohibited Items on Andrew Petrie Oval Synthetic Field:
- chewing gum
- glass or sharp objects
- bikes, skateboards, rollerblades or other wheeled objects
- vehicles (except for Council maintenance vehicles)
- alcohol, food or drinks other than water
- BBQ's / fires
- pegs and stakes, including goal nets, and/or training aids
- tables and chairs, and other heavy items
- unauthorised commercial services and activities.
- Recommended - moulded studs and plastic screw ins
- Prohibited - steel studs or cleats
- Conditions of use and Council staff directions must be adhered to at all times.
- Council reserves the right to book the field. Bookings take precedence at all times.
- Members of the public must vacate the field during booked activities.
- Groups and those conducting organised activities are required to book the field.
- All damage must be reported to Council, phone 9391 7000.
- The oval must not be used when signposted CLOSED for maintenance and cleaning.
- Dogs prohibited on Andrew Petrie Oval at all times
- Bore water is used for irrigation.