Tech Connect - Express
Book a free 20 minute one-on-one computer assistance session with Woollahra Libraries staff.
You may bring in your own devices or use the library computers depending on what you would like to learn.
To guide us and to help you get the most out of these sessions, please come prepared with either specific questions you would like to ask, or an idea of what you would like to learn about (e.g. email, ebay, downloading an eBook).
- Double Bay Library - Thursdays 11:00am-12:00pm
- Paddington Library - Fridays 11:00am-12:00pm
- Watsons Bay Library - Fridays 2:00pm-3:00pm
Visit the links above to find a session and book in.
A series of monthly workshops, with a different topic each month, designed to meet the technology learning needs of the local community.
- Double Bay Library - Friday 10:30am-12:00pm (once a month)
- Paddington Library - Friday 1:00pm-2:30pm (once a month)
Tech at Ascham
Tech at Ascham (previously know as 'Easy PC') is a free, weekly digital technology training program which runs for 5-7 weeks, offering personalised learning for people aged 55+.
The next course runs for 6 weeks commencing on Monday 18 February 2019 and finishing on Monday 25 March. We ask participants to commit to all sessions to take full advantage of the program and to minimise disruption to students.
Parking is available at Edgecliff Centre, 287-295 New South Head Rd. There is no parking onsite.
Tuition is provided on a one-on-one basis by high school students under teacher supervision. The program offers participants an introduction to computer skills or digital skills development. Schools offer use of computers, or you can bring your own device (such as; laptops, tablets, phones).
- Introduction to computer skills (Windows 7, Windows XP, Office for Mac)
- Creating and managing an email account
- Google searches and tools
- Online databases and finding services for Seniors
- Social media (limited)
- Uploading photos from your camera to the computer
- Applications (for iPads)
What others say about Tech at Ascham
The girls were very helpful with all my devices. Thanks so much for the thoughtful event that council has arranged for senior citizens.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: 9391 7100