Watsons Bay Trail
Go Slow for a Mo' at Watsons Bay
Discover our latest Go Slow for Mo' Nature Wellness Trail at Gap Park, Watsons Bay.
In April 2021 we launched a new trail through Gap Park in Watsons Bay to help you slow down and connect with nature.
Where to start: The trail starts at the stairs leading up to Gap Park, opposite Robertson Park. The route continues along the coastal track, finally winding down through the giant fig trees and returning via Dunbar Road.
What to expect: Along the trail there are seven ‘Rejuvenation Stations’ where you’ll be guided through a series of meditative activities that will help you slow down, connect, reflect and relax.
The route has been designed to help you experience the full contrast of our local environment; from the powerful energy of the ocean along the Gap Park coastline, to the peaceful space of Don Ritchie Grove and the cool canopy of the fig trees as you head down the hill.
Length: The trail is 750m long and is graded as an ‘easy’ walk. It should take about 40-50 minutes to complete.
If you don’t have time to complete the whole trail, simply try one activity along the way.
We suggest you repeat the trail three times or more to practice going slow.
The Gap Park Nature Wellness Trail is supported by the NSW Festival of Place Summer Fund.
Tuning in to the beauty of nature is something we can do every day, connecting us more deeply to our unique local places and the community we share them with.
- Ferry: Catch the ferry to Watsons Bay, head up through Robertson Park and across Military Road to the stairs leading up to the coastal clifftop walkway.
- Bus: the nearest bus routes are 324 and 325. The stop is Robertson Park, Military Rd, Watsons Bay Stop ID: 203070
- Public transport schedules: Transport NSW
- Parking: Navigate to Robertson Park at Watsons Bay. Parking in this area can be limited, particularly on weekends. When parking is not available close to the start of the trail there may be more parking just a few minutes walk up the hill along Old South Head Road. Please remember to follow all parking restrictions.
QR codes at the start and along the trail will connect you with audio instructions for each station.
Watsons Bay trail map(JPG, 181KB)
How'd you go?
We'd really appreciate your feedback on our Watsons Bay trail. You can share your thoughts and experiences by:
- Scanning the QR code at the end of the trail
- Emailing us
- Tagging Woollahra Council in your social media posts.
Share your story
If you know someone who would benefit from going Slow For A Mo’ share your story with them using #goslowforamo
Interested in other local trails? Try our Nature Wellness Trail in Cooper Park.