Additional collection services
Special event bins
Order a Special Events Bin for occasions where you might expect additional waste to be generated like a party or a clean-up before or after moving house. We can also provide bins for recycling paper and bottles upon your request (recycling is collected on your normal, weekly pick up day).
Special Events Bins are delivered, emptied and removed Monday to Friday only. At least five days notice is required for all bookings. The current charge, valid until 30 June 2022, is $96.45 for delivery of 1 - 5 bins and $25.70 per bin empty.
You may keep the bin/s for a maximum of two weeks and have them emptied more than once during this time. Each time bin/s are emptied, a charge of $25.70 is incurred.
To use this service, please call our Customer Service Centre on 9391 7000 or complete and return the Paid Collection of Special Event Bins application form. We will take your details and you can pay by credit card (payments must be made prior to receiving bin/s).
Special pick up of household goods
We provide scheduled clean-up for household goods, however, if you wish to have items collected at other times, we can provide a special pick up service for a charge.
A standard charge of $49.90 applies to all items.
Some typical examples of items collected are:
- Coffee table or dining table or the like
- Dining chairs (multiples of 4 or part)
- Range-top or microwave or wall oven or stove
- Washing machine or dryer or the like
- Refrigerator or dishwasher or the like
- Dresser or wardrobe or the like
- Bed or mattress or the like
We will collect other items of similar size or weight for similar amounts. If you have a large volume of household goods, we will provide a quotation for you.
To use this service, please complete and return the Paid Collection of Household Goods application form. Alternatively, call our Customer Service Centre on 9391 7000. We will take your details and you can pay by credit card.
E-waste collection service
Council will now collect unwanted e-waste from your home. All you need to do is make a booking (Monday to Friday) and place your e-waste out by the kerbside or rear lane for collection by the next business day. See E-waste for more information on how to book a collection.
Free bulk garden organics pick up - up to three times per year
We will pick up additional garden refuse, up to three times each calendar year, should you make this request. We will collect this refuse on the same day of your regular service. The following requirements apply to this additional service.
Garden refuse must be:
- Tied in easy to handle bundles
- Tied with compostable twine or string
- No more than 1 metre in length,
- Branches no more than 15cm in diameter
- No more than 11 bundles,
- Left neatly on the kerb for collection
- NO plastic bags or cardboard boxes - leaves and smaller items must be presented in a sturdy, weather proof receptacle (plastic crate or container), otherwise cannot be collected.
- NO tree stumps, trunks, pieces larger than 15cm in diameter
We must be notified of your request before the collection day - please call our Customer Service Centre on 9391 7000.