Here are some of the strategies you can use to help minimise graffiti on your property.
- Report graffiti promptly.
- Where it is not eligible for removal under Council’s program, make your own arrangements to remove the graffiti promptly.
- Help your neighbours to remove graffiti from their properties, particularly if they are less mobile.
- Encourage others in your street to take action against graffiti.
- Where possible, provide less attractive ‘canvases’ by breaking up large flat wall surfaces with doors, windows, ornamentation, lattice panels, screen plantings and texture.
- Plant fast growing shrubs and vines to make wall surfaces less accessible.
- Well lit, cared for areas are less likely to be targeted. Install sensor lighting as a deterrent, as graffiti vandals are reluctant to work in well-lit places.