Dinghy storage hire waiting list

In This Section

You can use this form to apply to be placed on the waiting list for hire of a dinghy storage space at one of Council's storage facilities. Applicants can only apply for one location.

Please be aware that there is an approximate 3 - 5 year wait for a space at all locations. When storage becomes available you will be contacted and asked to make payment. Upon receipt, a storage bay and permit sticker for your watercraft will be allocated.

Annual Fees (valid to 30 June 2023)
Resident/ratepayer: $316.00
Non-resident: $520.00

Note: Hire fees will not be pro-rata.

Please read the following terms and conditions before completing this form.

Terms and conditions

Conditions of Hire

Conditions for use of a storage facility will include the following:

  • Dinghy is defined as; a single hull water craft no longer than 3.5m in length (except for Marine Parade, Watsons Bay where dinghies shall not exceed more than three (3) metres in length).
  • Applicants can only apply for one location.
  • Permits remain the property of Woollahra Municipal Council at all times.
  • The yearly rental of a dinghy storage facility will commence 1 August and terminate 31 July.
  • Lost or damaged permits must be reported as soon as possible.
  • Dinghy storage permits must be firmly affixed to the outside of the dinghy or water craft in such a manner as to be clearly visible. Any dinghy or water craft not displaying a current valid permit in this manner, (even though a permit may have been issued), may be impounded by Council.
  • Permits must not be transferred, sold to another person or duplicated. If permits are used in contravention to the conditions of issue or fraudulently the Council may withdraw the permit.
  • Council accepts no liability or responsibility for loss, damage or theft of the craft stored at the facility.
  • Council must be notified within 30 days of intention to no longer use storage facility such that applicants on waiting list can be offered the position.
  • Applications must only store one vessel per allocated bay.
  • Storage hirers must promptly notify Council of change of address or contact details. If contact cannot be made with the hirer, the agreement may be terminated.
  • Council reserves the right to terminate the hire agreement if any of the relevant conditions are breached or if the hirer misuses the facility in any way.
  • Craft that are stored in foreshore areas without Council authorisation, will be removed.
  • Craft that are derelict, awaiting repair, abandoned or inappropriately installed in a storage facility will be removed and impounded by Council Rangers in accordance with the Impounding Act 1993.
  • Craft without a permit sticker and taking up space in a facility will also be removed under the Impounding Act 1993.


  • You, the applicant, indemnify Council from and against all actions, claims, costs, losses, expenses and damages (including the costs of defending or settling any action or claim) in respect of:
    • loss of, loss of use of, or damage to property of Council; or
    • personal injury (including death) or illness to any person or loss of, loss of use of, or damage to any property;
  • resulting from or by reason of anything done or omitted to be done by you arising out of your activities undertaken at or near Council's facility.
  • Your liability to indemnify Council is reduced proportionally to the extent that a negligent act or omission of Council or its employees has contributed to the injury, damage or loss.

* indicates required field.

Residential Address

Postal Address

Privacy Statement
The personal details requested on this form are being collected and will only be used for the purpose of processing your application, keeping records and establishing your identity. The supply of information by you is voluntary. If you cannot provide or do not wish to provide the information sought, the Council may not be able to process your application. Access to this information is restricted to Council officers and other authorised people. Council is to be regarded as the agency that holds the information. You may make application for access or amendment to information held by Council. You may also request Council to suppress your personal information from a public register.