Summer Reading Club
- Visit us
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Library app
- Using the library
- Explore our collection
- Author Talks
- Book Clubs
- Book Fair
- Book Week
- Business Bites
- Bus to Books
- Children's Program
- Culture Vulture
- Digital Events
- HSC events
- Ideas Exchange
- Local History events
- Maker Creator
- Mini Makers Club
- Movie screenings
- National Science Week
- School Holidays
- Summer Reading Club
- Tea Topics
- Technology Workshops
- Woollahra Digital Literary Award
- Writing Workshops
- Youth events
- Youth Photographic Award & Short Film Prize
- Children's services
- Youth services
- Local history
- Home Library Service
Go on a reading adventure….
Join Woollahra Libraries for our Summer Reading Club Adventure Challenge for children aged 0 - 12 years.
To get involved, simply visit Woollahra Library at Double Bay, Paddington Library or Watsons Bay Library from Wednesday 1 December to register and collect your Summer Reading Club Passport. Each child must register using their own library card.
Children must read 10 suggested books from the Reading Adventure List and record this in their Reading Passport. Readers then return their completed passport to a Woollahra Libraries location to receive a lucky dip prize and instant entry to the major prize draw. Reading Club members can complete up to a maximum of 5 passports.
Books read must be borrowed on the entrants own library card from Woollahra Libraries and read during the Summer Reading Club period (1/12/21 – 31/01/22). Major prize entry closes on Monday 31 January at 4pm. Winners will be notified on Thursday 3 February 2022.
Story Box Library Book Titles
Use your Woollahra Libraries membership to access Story Box Library and discover more ‘Adventure’ themed books read by authors and famous personalities.
Summer Reading Club - Featured Reads
Woollahra Libraries staff have created a Summer Reading Club - Adventure themed reading list of eBooks, eAudiobooks, eFilms and hard copies available to borrow from our eCollection or off the shelf.
Check out our Summer Reading Club featured reads here.
Summer Reading Club Activities
Besides reading, here are some other creative activities you can do at home to add the ‘Adventure’ theme to your school holidays.
- Dress up in costume from a book of your choice or a character from a book you have read as part of the Summer Reading Club.
- Visit a place or monument mentioned in a book you have read.
- Find a local pathway, park or trail to discover.
- Hide an object – then create a treasure map that reveals a range of clues for the seekers to find.
- Visit something wild, do something legendary, complete a timed task and beat your personal best, film and post about your adventures.
Share your Summer Reading Club adventure with Woollahra Libraries via Instagram using the hashtag #WoollahraLibraries