Conditions of Entry
- For the purposes of The Woollahra Digital Literary Award, a digital literary work is defined as: Writing which displays either a poetic aesthetic, a narrative structure, a developed fictive world or a sustained analysis of events of a non-fiction nature; Existing online or in electronic form, within a digital environment requiring an electronic device such as a computer, tablet, e-reader or mobile phone to access.
- For the purposes of The Woollahra Digital Literary Award, published in a digital format is defined as: Readily available for access or download as
- an .epub, .pbd, .mobi/azw, .ibooks or .pdf file from a known e-book vendor or platform (such as iBookstore, Google Play, Amazon, Bookworld, Kobo, Baker & Taylor or Overdrive).
- an article, essay or piece of short fiction available on a blog, online magazine or website that has an editorial selection process.
- Entries accepted for selection will be no more than 3,000 words, or 100 lines (whichever is greater) in the Poetry category, and between 3,000 and 80,000 words for the Fiction and Non Fiction categories.
- Entries accepted for selection must be the original work of the submitting author, must not have been submitted for entry to the Woollahra Digital Literary Award before, and must have been published in a digital format after the date 13 December 2017.
- Entries must be written in English (or be an original translation into English).
- Entries accepted for selection must be submitted by authors that are over 16 years of age and are Australian Residents.
- All entries must be submitted electronically, via a live URL or in PDF format.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Entries will be judged to select, in the opinion of the judges, the best entry in the following three categories:
- Poetry ($1,000)
- Fiction ($3,000)
- Non Fiction ($3,000)
- Note that judges will be looking for digital innovation amongst submitted works and priority will be given to writing that uses the digital medium in an innovative way.
- Awards for the 2020 Woollahra Digital Literary Award will be announced at an award presentation evening at Woollahra Library at Double Bay in Sydney, NSW on Thursday 28 May 2020.
- We encourage all shortlisted entrants to attend the award presentation evening however travel to and from the event in Sydney, NSW is at your own expense.