Printing and photocopying
Printers, photocopiers and scanners are available at all our libraries. You can also print from your device.
Print from home
- Login to our online printing service, using your library card number and password (your date of birth in 'ddmmyy' format)
- Upload files:
- from your device using the 'Select files' button OR
- by pasting the URL in the 'print from your device' tab
- Select your print options using the 'Change' button (for colour/black and white, single/two-sided printing, number of copies etc.)
- Costs will be displayed for each print job
- Visit us at Double Bay or Paddington to release your job from the print queue
- Make sure you have funds available on your account using our online payments system
- Note: Your files will stay in our print queue for 48 hours. After this time they will be deleted.
Alternatively, visit any of our libraries with your files and print from one of our free public access computers. Don't forget to book a computer before you arrive.
Woollahra Library at Double Bay now offers a Cubicon Single Plus 3D printer for library members who have completed a 3D printing induction workshop organised by the library, as part of our Technology Workshops.
How it works
Specifications and filament
Designs can be printed from .STL files with a maximum built volume of 240 x 190 x 200mm. All 3D printing will use PLA filament (available in white, red, blue or black).
3D printing is available Monday to Friday, during two time slots:
- 10am - 11am
- 2pm - 3pm
During the hour allowed for the session customers are expected to prepare the job for printing using Cubicreator software and start the print job. A staff member will estimate when the job will be ready for pick up.
A maximum of 3 hours of print time will be allowed per person per day. This may be relaxed in off-peak periods at the discretion of staff, subject to availability. Customers with jobs requiring more than 3 hours print time are encouraged to book into 2pm sessions.
Customers should arrive no later than 10 minutes after the beginning of their session.
The cost of printing and filament usage will be paid up front. Customers are responsible for the cost associated with errors in the file, incorrect files, and breakage of parts due to insufficient strength or mishandling. Fees for failed prints due to staff error or hardware failure of the 3D printer can be refunded as a credit to the customer’s library card only.
Fees are listed in the table provided below.
Have a question? Ask the library online or call 9391 7100.
|Photocopying and printing charges|
|Per A4 page, black and white||$0.30|
|Per A3 page, black and white||$0.50|
|Per A4 page, colour (only available at Double Bay and Paddington libraries)||$1.30|
|Per A3 page, colour (only available at Double Bay and Paddington libraries)||$2.60|
|Scanned items (per scan)||$0.20|
|3D Printer - $10.50 usage fee per item plus the weight of the item||$10.50 per item + 0.30c per gram|