Once your development is approved (building certification)

In This Section

I have Development Consent. When can I start work?

Before you commence work you must:

  • meet all deferred commencement and other pre-commencement development consent conditions
  • pay the long service levy
  • pay all contributions and fees that are applicable
  • get a Construction Certificate
  • appoint a builder
  • get your site safety and environmental controls in place
  • carry out dilapidation surveys and give the reports to Council
  • get all insurances in place, and
  • provide us with your Notice of Commencement. 

This list may not contain everything you may need to do. The following flow chart shows you where you are at the moment, setting aside deferred commencement, which may also apply.

Post Consent Process