Notifications, assessing and determining DAs
What is the process?
- Once you submit your DA, it goes through an initial review and is assigned to an assessment team.
- If necessary, your application will be sent for expert referrals to applicable bodies internal and external to Council.
- Most applications then have an advertising and notification period where local residents are able to comment or object to your development.
- We then assess your DA - common reasons why you may experience assessment delays.
- You are then notified of the determination (approval or rejection) of your DA.
Track your DA throughout this process.
How long will it take to determine your application?
This varies according to a number of issues including:
- the complexity of the proposed development,
- whether or not it needs to be publicly advertised/notified,
- whether or not it complies with the rules,
- whether or not objections are received, and
- the range and complexity of issues that may need to be considered.