We are open!
- Bring your library card, or join on arrival (with proof of address), to browse the collection and borrow items at the self-checkout kiosks
- Your library card will be scanned on entry for contact tracing
- No appointment time is required
- Bookable study spots are available at Woollahra Library at Double Bay in specified time slots for 2 hours per person per day
- Computer bookings are available for 45 minutes per person per day. Bookings commence on the hour and allow for 15 minutes where cleaning can take place
- Printers, photocopiers and scanners are available at all our libraries. You can also print from your device
- Only directional assistance can be provided by Library staff
- Returned items will remain on your card for 4 days while they are quarantined
- All in-person events & programs are being held online. Recordings of past online events and are available online
- Do not come to the Library if you are feeling unwell
- Please practise social distancing
- There is no casual seating available at any of the libraries. Food and drinks (other than bottled water) cannot be consumed in the libraries
- Please treat our staff with courtesy and respect
Paddington Town Hall
247 Oxford Street,
Paddington NSW 2021
|Monday:||10:30am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday:||10:30am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday:||12:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Thursday:||10:30am - 6:00pm|
|Friday:||10:30am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Sunday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Closed on public holidays|
Paddington Library will be open weekdays 9:30am – 10:15am (excluding Wednesday) to support those who are vulnerable in the community. This time is exclusively for people aged 70 and over, people with a disability, limited mobility, chronic illnesses or suppressed immunity.
02 9391 7988
After hours return chute
Please note that you can return your items in our after hours returns chute. The chute is located near the glass door entrance.
Customers of Paddington Library can now add funds to their library account, manage computer bookings and print from any location online using a system called 'Monitor'. Please note, Monitor is currently only available at Paddington Library and Woollahra Library at Double Bay.
Library members can now easily login* and pay for library services such as printing and fines by transferring funds to their account by Mastercard or Visa. Alternatively, you can visit the in-library kiosk to use coins, cash or bank cards.
Login with your Library membership details* to reserve a computer at Paddington or Woollahra Library at Double Bay.
Library members can now send documents to be printed at Paddington Library or Woollahra Library at Double Bay from any location using an internet-enabled device such as a laptop, smartphone, iPad or tablet. Simply login*, follow the prompts, then when you arrive at the library you will have the option to set printing options such as two-sided and number of copies before printing.
*Please note, your default password is your date of birth ddmmyy.
By public transport
Paddington Library is accessible by the following Sydney Bus routes: 333, 380, 352. Plan your trip at Transport NSW.
Limited, free street parking is available on surrounding streets. The Gordon Car Park is also available at 1b Newcombe Street, Paddington.
Wheelchair and pram access
Paddington Library is wheelchair and pram-friendly, with ramp access at the entrance and a disabled toilet.