Woollahra Libraries are now open.
Normal opening hours apply.
To keep us all safe we are complying with the Public Health Orders for indoor venues.
- All customers aged 16 and over must be fully vaccinated and you will be asked to present proof upon entry. Information on obtaining proof of vaccination can be found on the NSW Government website.
- Under 16s who are not fully vaccinated must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated household member.
- Check in and out of the Library using the Service NSW app for contact tracing purposes.
- Mask-wearing is mandatory except for children under 12. If you cannot wear a face mask because of a disability, physical or mental health illness or condition, you must carry either a medical certificate or letter signed by a registered health practitioner (such as a doctor) or a registered NDIS provider or a statutory declaration.
- Libraries will be operating at a 1 person per 4-square-metre capacity.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home. Customers exhibiting signs of illness may be asked to leave.
- Treat other customers and Library staff with courtesy and respect.
Programs and events will continue to be hosted online.
Our Select and Collect service is no longer in operation.
Paddington Town Hall
247 Oxford Street,
Paddington NSW 2021
|Monday:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday:||12:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Thursday:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Friday:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Sunday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Closed on public holidays|
02 9391 7988
After hours return chute
Please note that you can return your items in our after hours returns chute. The chute is located near the glass door entrance.
Customers of Paddington Library can now add funds to their library account, manage computer bookings and print from any location online using a system called 'Monitor'. Please note, Monitor is currently only available at Paddington Library and Woollahra Library at Double Bay.
Library members can now easily login* and pay for library services such as printing and fines by transferring funds to their account by Mastercard or Visa. Alternatively, you can visit the in-library kiosk to use coins, cash or bank cards.
Login with your Library membership details* to reserve a computer at Paddington or Woollahra Library at Double Bay.
Library members can now send documents to be printed at Paddington Library or Woollahra Library at Double Bay from any location using an internet-enabled device such as a laptop, smartphone, iPad or tablet. Simply login*, follow the prompts, then when you arrive at the library you will have the option to set printing options such as two-sided and number of copies before printing.
*Please note, your default password is your date of birth ddmmyy.
By public transport
Paddington Library is accessible by the following Sydney Bus routes: 333, 380, 352. Plan your trip at Transport NSW.
Limited, free street parking is available on surrounding streets. The Gordon Car Park is also available at 1b Newcombe Street, Paddington.
Wheelchair and pram access
Paddington Library is wheelchair and pram-friendly, with ramp access at the entrance and a disabled toilet.