Your library is open
Consistent with advice from NSW Health, Library visitors are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask for the duration of their visit. Limited casual seating is now available, as well as hard copy newspapers.
- Do not come to the Library if you are feeling unwell. Stay home and get tested.
- Please maintain social distancing and good hand hygiene.
- Drinks may be brought into the Library, but no food is permitted.
- Please treat our staff with courtesy and respect.
- Bring your library card, or join on arrival (with proof of address), to browse the collection and borrow items at the self-checkout kiosks, and to book computers.
- All visitors need to 'check in' to Woollahra Libraries using the Service NSW app. For those who do not have a suitable device with them, Library staff will manually record names and contact numbers.
- Computer bookings are available but not required. Walk-ups and guest tickets are available.
- Printers, photocopiers and scanners are available at all our libraries. You can also print from your device.
- Limited PC and printing assistance can be provided, to ensure safe social distancing.
- Physical social distancing measures will remain in place.
- In-person events and programs will be gradually reintroduced and will require customers to book in advance. Recordings of past online events and children’s programs are available online.
Woollahra Libraries continues to ensure:
- Hand sanitiser is available for customers upon entry and at key locations around each Library.
- Bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap.
- All hard surfaces are regularly cleaned throughout the day.
- Study desks and computers are cleaned between bookings.
Paddington Town Hall
247 Oxford Street,
Paddington NSW 2021
|Monday:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday:||12:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Thursday:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Friday:||9:30am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Sunday:||10:00am - 4:00pm|
|Closed on public holidays|
02 9391 7988
After hours return chute
Please note that you can return your items in our after hours returns chute. The chute is located near the glass door entrance.
Customers of Paddington Library can now add funds to their library account, manage computer bookings and print from any location online using a system called 'Monitor'. Please note, Monitor is currently only available at Paddington Library and Woollahra Library at Double Bay.
Library members can now easily login* and pay for library services such as printing and fines by transferring funds to their account by Mastercard or Visa. Alternatively, you can visit the in-library kiosk to use coins, cash or bank cards.
Login with your Library membership details* to reserve a computer at Paddington or Woollahra Library at Double Bay.
Library members can now send documents to be printed at Paddington Library or Woollahra Library at Double Bay from any location using an internet-enabled device such as a laptop, smartphone, iPad or tablet. Simply login*, follow the prompts, then when you arrive at the library you will have the option to set printing options such as two-sided and number of copies before printing.
*Please note, your default password is your date of birth ddmmyy.
By public transport
Paddington Library is accessible by the following Sydney Bus routes: 333, 380, 352. Plan your trip at Transport NSW.
Limited, free street parking is available on surrounding streets. The Gordon Car Park is also available at 1b Newcombe Street, Paddington.
Wheelchair and pram access
Paddington Library is wheelchair and pram-friendly, with ramp access at the entrance and a disabled toilet.