Woollahra Oval 2/3
Manion Avenue, Rose Bay
The park caters for cricket during summer and rugby union in winter.
- Limited car parking is available at the southern end of Manion Avenue.
- Ferry service to nearby Lyne Park
- Bus service to nearby New South Head Road
- Accessible toilet (MLAK access required)
- Accessible parking
- Three cricket practice nets
- One synthetic cricket wicket
- Two rugby playing fields
- Lighting for night training
- Change room facilities
Things to do
An area of some 32 1/2 acres (13.2 ha.) fronting O'Sullivan Road in Rose Bay was acquired in 1923 by the Council from a 'Rose Bay Freehold Company', Chinese market gardeners on the site were given notice to quit and a park with an oval created. A pavilion named in honour of George Grimley was constructed in 1927, a golf course put in place by 1931 and two croquet lawns layed down in 1934. Subsequently the club rooms of the Rose Bay Rugby Football Club was erected on the site.
Plans of management
- Layout (PDF)
- Dogs are permitted on a leash at all times.
- Bore water is used for irrigation.