COVID safe summer
We need your help so we can all enjoy a COVID safe summer.
Please meet social distancing requirements at all times, avoid crowds and maintain good personal hygiene. Stay at home if you're unwell.
Our staff and security personnel will be monitoring crowds at our beaches and parks during summer. If locations reach full capacity to the extent where social distancing requirements cannot be met, we will need to stop further entry until more space becomes available. For location updates check our Facebook page. We will also be updating our VMS sign boards with site-specific information.
Blackburn Gardens is a beautifully restored heritage garden and retains spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. The garden adjoins the historic St Brigids building, Murray Rose Pool (formerly Redleaf Pool) and Seven Shillings Beach. The garden features manicured lawn with a secret garden, sundial and water feature.
548 New South Head Road, Double Bay
Limited street parking is available during the week and off-street parking is available in the adjacent Council Chambers on weekends.
5-10 minute walk from Double Bay Wharf.
- Public toilets
- Park benches and tables
- Drinking fountain
- Access to Murray Rose Pool
- Access to Seven Shillings Beach
Dogs prohibited at all times.
- Wheelchair ramp access to the top of the garden
- Accessible toilets can be found in nearby Council Chambers during business hours
- Accessible parking is available in nearby Council Chambers
- Baby change table in outdoor amenities block
- Weddings and private social events with more than 120 people
- Weddings exceeding 2 hours
- Private social events exceeding 4 hours
- No marquees or wedding arches are permitted
- Amusement devices, such as jumping castles, petting zoos or pony rides