Our beaches, harbourside pools and parks are open.
To provide increased evening exercise opportunities for our residents, sports lighting is currently activated from 5-8.30pm Monday to Friday at all of our sportsgrounds: Andrew Petrie Oval and Woollahra Oval 2 and 3 (Woollahra), Christison Park (Vaucluse), Trumper Oval (Paddington) and Lyne Park (Rose Bay).
A NSW public health order limits outdoor exercise and public gatherings to two people (excluding members of the same household). Stay local.
Find out more from NSW Health
Please maintain good hygiene and social distancing when using our fitness equipment and playgrounds.
We hope you enjoy our outdoor places and spaces.
Blackburn Gardens is a beautifully restored heritage garden and retains spectacular views of Sydney Harbour. The garden adjoins the historic St Brigids building, Murray Rose Pool (formerly Redleaf Pool) and Seven Shillings Beach. The garden features manicured lawn with a secret garden, sundial and water feature.
548 New South Head Road, Double Bay
Limited street parking is available during the week and off-street parking is available in the adjacent Council Chambers on weekends.
5-10 minute walk from Double Bay Wharf.
- Public toilets
- Park benches and tables
- Drinking fountain
- Access to Murray Rose Pool
- Access to Seven Shillings Beach
Dogs prohibited at all times.
- Wheelchair ramp access to the top of the garden
- Accessible toilets can be found in nearby Council Chambers during business hours
- Accessible parking is available in nearby Council Chambers
- Baby change table in outdoor amenities block
- Weddings and private social events with more than 120 people
- Weddings exceeding 2 hours
- Private social events exceeding 4 hours
- No marquees or wedding arches are permitted
- Amusement devices, such as jumping castles, petting zoos or pony rides