- Community Services and Programs
Arts and culture
- Art Gallery
- Artist in Residence
- Author Talks
- Creative Hoardings Program
- Cultural Grants
- Digital Art and Culture during COVID-19
- Library artwork commissions
- Pop Up Posters Paddington
- Public Art
- Up the Wall Mural Project
- Walking Tours - DIY Arts and Culture
- Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize
- Youth Photographic Award & Short Film Prize
- Head On Photography exhibition at Paddington Library
- What's happening
- Community engagement
- Spaces for hire
- Improve your community
- About our community
About the work
Artist: Joel Adler
Material: Corten panels, galvanised steel tubes, double-sided glass mirror
Location: Lighthouse Reserve, Vaucluse.
About the project
Offering spectacular and otherwise unseen views of Sydney’s coastline, innovative sculpture Viewfinder by Joel Adler reflects a view of spectacular rocks and crashing waves directly below the cliff on which it is placed, allowing viewers to form a stronger connection with the area.
Created by local artist Joel Adler, the work was previously exhibited at Sculpture by the Sea in 2019, where it was awarded the People’s Choice Prize, Kids’ Choice Prize and Artists’ Pick Awards.
‘I created Viewfinder as an interface for amplifying the natural environment. I rejected to include any digital components, relying entirely on the electricity of the site and the inherent interactivity of nature. I am thrilled to have Viewfinder placed in this magnificent location, situated along the Federation cliff walk, which is spectacular and has ample space to view the work from multiple angles.’
On loan courtesy of the artist.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: 9391 7135
Fax: 9391 7044