The Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (the GIPA Act) requires Council to maintain a information guide.
The information guide:
- describes the structure and functions of the Council,
- describes the ways in which the functions (including, in particular, the decision-making functions) of the Council affect members of the public,
- specifies any arrangements that exist to enable members of the public to participate in the formulation of the Council’s policy and the exercise of the Council’s functions,
- identifies the various kinds of government information held by the Council,
- identifies the kinds of government information held by the Council that the Council makes (or will make) publicly available,
- specifies the manner in which the Council makes (or will make) government information publicly available, and
- identifies the kinds of information that are (or will be) made publicly available free of charge and those kinds for which a charge is (or will be) imposed.
GIPA Act Information Guide