Community Environmental Grants Program
Do you want to make a difference to our environment?
Our Community Environmental Grants are open to all local schools, early learning centres and incorporated community groups for activities or projects that protect or enhance our local environment. Eligible groups and schools may apply for up to $2000 funding per project.
2020-21 Grant round
Now is the time to start crafting sustainability project ideas, checking our guidelines and calling our sustainability team to discuss your concept.
To learn about eligibility, themes and selection criteria for our grants please download the 2020-21 Grant Guidelines (PDF)
You can view the application form and start drafting your application now.
We are extending the closing date for grant applications to provide more time for schools and community groups facing impacts from COVID-19 restrictions. This extension will also delay the announcement of successful grants. The new date for applications to close is Sunday 28 June 2020. Please note this date may be reviewed according to changes in COVID-19 restrictions. Opportunity will be given to adjust grant project delivery schedules where necessary.
- Applications Open - Monday 30 March 2020
- Applications Close – due to COVID-19 impacts applications will now close on Sunday 28 June 2020. This date may be reviewed as more information becomes available on easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Grants announced – to be confirmed
- Grant awards ceremony – to be confirmed
Examples of sustainability projects
This year as Council has a focus on climate change action we encourage you to consider projects that help to reduce carbon emissions, reduce water use and minimise waste to landfill.
There are many types of projects that may be suitable. Some examples of projects that may be considered for these environmental grants include:
- Energy saving initiatives eg LED lighting upgrades or solar installations
- Water saving initiatives eg water tanks or smart sprinkler systems
- Waste minimisation/recycling initiatives eg reusable plates and cups for canteens
- Community clean-ups
- Native gardens, bush tucker gardens or native bee hives
- Organic vegetable gardens
- Chicken coops
- Bush regeneration
Successful projects from previous years
You can see the list of previous successful applicants and their projects below.
- 2019-20 Grants (PDF)
- 2018-19 Grants (PDF)
- 2017-18 Grants (PDF)
- 2016-17 Grants (PDF)
- 2015-16 Grants (PDF)
Don't miss out - join our environmental grants mailing list
To ensure you are notified of upcoming grant rounds please email email@example.com
For more information, please contact:
Environmental Education Officer
Telephone: 9391 7095