Camp Cove Beach is one of Sydney Harbour’s finest sandy beaches, located adjacent to the Sydney Harbour National Park.
23B Victoria Street, Watsons Bay
Limited street parking from Cliff Street and Victoria Street
Dogs are prohibited at all times
The Watsons Bay area provided abundant fish, shellfish and food for the local Aboriginal community in a sheltered environment. Rock engravings in the area depict a range of marine creatures including whales and fish. There is also a rock shelter at the northern end of the Camp Cove Beach that shows evidence of habitation by the local Aboriginal people.
Governor Phillip and the First Fleet rested for a night in Camp Cove before landing at Sydney Cove in 1788. The bountiful nature of the area was also recognised by the early European settlers and a fishery was set up nearby in 1792 to help feed the new settlement at Sydney Cove.
23B Victoria Street, Watsons Bay 2030 View Map
23B Victoria Street ,
Watsons Bay 2030
Camp Cove Beach