Join our events, workshops and walks to learn more about Woollahra's unique environment and what you can do to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
Subscribe to Our Environment e-news to receive monthly updates on our sustainability events.
Check Grow it Local for 2022 events including:
- Ask an expert - how to improve soil - Saturday 11 June at 3pm
- Planting deciduous fruit trees with Chris Day - Saturday 13 August at 2.30pm
- Patch design - available on demand
COVID-19 Environmental events update: Please note, as the COVID-19 situation in NSW evolves, we will continue to monitor NSW Health orders and may modify or cancel our listed events at short notice if required.
- Remember to observe current NSW Health orders at all times
- If feeling unwell, stay at home and get tested
- Always follow instructions from event organisers
Past Events - Recordings & Resources
- Sustainable Pools: how to reduce the energy use, water use and running costs of your pool. Presented by the Swimming Pool & Spa Association. How variable speed pumps can make a significant difference (February 2022).
- Green electricity: Your questions answered: how to purchase renewable energy for your home or business and how you can be sure its “green”.
- Installing Solar and Batteries in the Eastern Suburbs: webinar recording how to install rooftop solar and batteries on your home or business. (October 2021)
- How to install Solar in Apartments: Interested in getting solar power for your apartment building, but not sure where to start? You can view a recording of this introductory workshop hosted by Waverley Council to hear from experts and real life case studies to learn key considerations to install solar power on strata blocks. Slides from this event are also available in the resources section of our Strata Energy Saving page.
- Sustainability Projects for your Block. Projects suitable for common areas such as solar, lighting, ventilation, water saving and pool pumps. How to assess and prioritise projects in your block and who to get involved. Plus top 3 tips for energy saving in your apartment. Webinar recording available soon.
- Electric vehicles and charging stations. Webinar recording with answers to the most common questions asked about electric vehicles and how to charge them. (October 2021)
- Cooling your home with trees. Advice on what to plant where to help keep your home cool in summer and let light and warmth in through winter. Also how your roof colour, blinds and shades can make a difference. (October 2021)
- Backyard Habitat - How to create habitat in your backyard, what plants to choose. See resources.
- Double Bay Tree Trail - walk the trail anytime. An online map is available for everyone to follow.
- Bondi to Many Walk - with Tara Wells.
- Helping to Keep our Harbour Clean - how stormwater drains function, why they're important and what we can do to help keep our harbour waters clean
- Our Amazing Harbour Marine Life - John Turnbull takes us on a photographic tour of Sydney Harbour's amazing animals.