Council is responsible for the management of stormwater and coastal/estuarine water within the Municipality.
Council's objectives are:
- To encourage ecologically sustainable stormwater management
- To maintain the existing natural drainage patterns as far as practically possible.
- To ensure that reasonable provision has been made for the disposal of stormwater
- To minimise stormwater pollution to Sydney Harbour and its waterways
- To minimise flood risk and damage to people and property by setting appropriate development controls.
- To reduce the long term risks associated with coastal inundation, elevated sea levels and/or waves overtopping foreshore defences
Further information can be found on the Floodplain Management and Coastal Inundation pages.