Open Space & Recreation Strategies
Whether it's walking the dog, picnicking in the park, swimming in the ocean or playing team footy, being active and outdoors enriches lives. Sport, recreation and access to open space has numerous mental and physical health, social, economic and environmental benefits.
Woollahra Council takes a lead role in providing opportunities for recreation, which is why Council has created a Recreation Strategy(PDF, 17MB), which:
- Provides an up-to-date understanding of the community's recreation needs and current issues
- Identifies existing opportunities for improvement
- Outlines priority actions for the future.
Take a look at our Recreation Strategy.(PDF, 17MB)
Play Space Strategy
Play is an important part of growing up and we think play spaces in Woollahra should be fit for everyone.
That's why we've developed the Play Space Strategy(PDF, 12MB) to make sure our playgrounds are safe, accessible and age-appropriate for both today's children, their families and carers, as well as for future generations.
The Play Space Strategy:
- Provides an overview of current play space distribution in Woollahra and identifies where there are gaps
- Shares the results of community consultation - what's important in a playground to you, and what areas of concern are currently not being met
- Outlines an action plan for the next 10-15 years.
Take a look at our Play Space Strategy(PDF, 12MB)