In This Section
Support for local residents with a disability includes the provision of accessible community facilities, direct services, and the allocation of grants and subsidies.
- Gaden Cafe - social enterprise and community space (previously Woollahra Community Centre)
- Holdsworth Community - support people with disability, are an NDIS provider and supply nutritious quality meals delivered to your home
- Miroma (Inala) – supported employment, training and day programs
- Watsons Bay Baths - Australia's first deep water wheelchair access to a tidal harbour pool
- Woollahra Libraries - provide a Home Library Service for those unable to come to the library because of illness or disability.
Find more organisations, services and facilities in your area (including social support, low, medium and high support services and post school programs) with our Local Service Listings.
International Day of People with Disability
Clients and staff celebrating International Day of People with Disability
3 December is International Day of People with Disability – a day to break down disability barriers and celebrate abilities. Woollahra Council will celebrate this day on Friday 6 December with a free, family fun day out at Robertson Park. Activities include live music and dancing, art and craft stalls, information stalls, a picnic lunch and other interactive activities.
The event is a free, community celebration for all to attend and is a partnership between Woollahra Council, Miroma - Inala, Holdsworth Community, Jewish Care, Sound Life, and NDIS.
Come along and help us celebrate the contributions, skills and achievements of people with disability.
For further information on International Day of People with Disability on 6 December.
Have you ever wanted to experience the freedom of sailing on Sydney Harbour? Sailability Rushcutters Bay can introduce you to the excitement of sailing.
Planning for the future
The Woollahra Social and Cultural Plan 2018-2030 (PDF, 4.7MB) outlines Council's future planning for services and activities for people with a disability.
Human Services Network (HSNet) is a free, secure and searchable website run by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services. Its database contains information about local disability, aged care, health, and homelessness services.