In This Section
Stay home and stay connected
COVID-19 has presented our community with many unexpected challenges. We want you to know you are not in this alone and we encourage you to reach out and seek the help you or the people you care about need.
We have put together a list of phone numbers and resources we hope will support you. We are all in this together.
Support for local residents with a disability includes the provision of accessible community facilities, direct services, and the allocation of grants and subsidies.
Please note to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the interest of community health and well-being, the following services may not be operating at full capacity. Please follow the links to individual websites for updates.
- Gaden Cafe - social enterprise and community space (previously Woollahra Community Centre).
- Holdsworth - supports people with disability, are an NDIS provider and supply nutritious quality meals delivered to your home.
- Miroma (Inala) – tailored services and support programs to include training and recreational activities.
- Watsons Bay Baths - Australia's first deep water wheelchair access to a tidal harbour pool.
- Woollahra Libraries - provides a Home Library Service for those unable to come to the library because of illness or disability.
- Jewish Care - provides a wide range of services and resources helping people with a disability and their families.
- NDIS Local Area Coordinator – locate the closest NDIS and Partner office.
Find more organisations, services and facilities in your area (including social support, low, medium and high support services and post school programs) with our Local Service Listings.
International Day of People with Disability
Clients and staff celebrating International Day of People with Disability 2018
3 December is International Day of People with Disability – a day to break down disability barriers and celebrate abilities. Woollahra Council celebrated this day on Friday 6 December 2019 with a free, family fun day out at Robertson Park, Watsons Bay. Activities included live music and dancing, art and craft stalls, information stalls, a picnic lunch and other interactive activities.
The event was a community celebration for all to attend and a partnership between Woollahra Council, Miroma - Inala, Holdsworth Community, Jewish Care, Sound Life, and NDIS.
Have you ever wanted to experience the freedom of sailing on Sydney Harbour? Sailability Rushcutters Bay can introduce you to the excitement of sailing.
Planning for the future
The Woollahra Social and Cultural Plan 2018-2030 (PDF, 4.7MB) outlines Council's future planning for services and activities for people with a disability.
Human Services Network (HSNet) is a free, secure and searchable website run by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice. Its database contains information about local disability, aged care, health, and homelessness services.