Woollahra Council provides support for local residents living with disability through the provision of accessible community facilities, direct services, the allocation of grants and subsidies to local disability focused projects and through consultation with an Inclusion (Disability, Aged and Carers) Advisory Committee.
Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2022
Council's new Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) 2022 was adopted by Council on 27 June 2022. This plan explains measures taken by Council to ensure accessibility and inclusion for people of all abilities and the supports Council will provide over short term, medium term and on an ongoing basis. Council has undertaken extensive consultation with people with lived experience, service providers and key stakeholders. All feedback received has been considered and, where appropriate, incorporated into the final copy of the DIAP 2022.
Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2022
Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2022 (Easy Read Version)
Woollahra Council Disability Inclusion Action Plan working group
- Holdsworth - supports people with disability, are an NDIS provider and supply nutritious quality meals delivered to your home.
- Miroma (Inala) – tailored services and support programs to include training and recreational activities.
- JewishCare - provides a wide range of services and resources helping people with a disability and their families.
- NDIS Local Area Coordinator – locate the closest NDIS and Partner office.
More extensive Service Provider Listings:
- Human Services Network (HSNet) - a free, secure and searchable website run by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice. Its database contains information about local disability, aged care, health, and homelessness services.
- National Disability Information Gateway – developed by the Department of Social Services to help people living with disability, their families and carers to find trusted information and services. You can also contact the Gateway on 1800 643 787.
- Hireup is Australia’s largest NDIS registered online platform where you can find NDIS support workers in your area.
- Woollahra Libraries - provides a Home Library Service for those unable to come to the library because of illness or disability.
- Sailability Rushcutters Bay - experience the freedom and excitement of sailing on Sydney Harbour.
- Watsons Bay Baths - Australia's first deep water wheelchair access to a tidal harbour pool. Access to the aquatic wheelchairs stored on site requires an MLAK key. MLAK keys are available for purchase from the National Support Office of the Master Locksmiths Association (MLAA) or from many MLAA Business Members.
- Maccabi NSW All Abilities Program – sporting and recreational activities for people living with disability.
- NSW Friendship Circle - activities for children and teenagers, school holiday camps and getaways, young adult programs, and social events that raise awareness and inclusion.
International Day of People with Disability
3 December is International Day of People with Disability - a day to challenge stereotypes and celebrate the contributions, skills and achievements of people living well with disability.
Holdsworth Social Support Group outing to Haymarket
Support for Carers and Family Members
- Carer Gateway - a free support program which provides emotional and practical services and support for carers.
- Holdsworth Carers - helping carers to make choices for family members to improve their quality of life.
- Life Our Way - a helpful app for family members and carers of someone with disability.
- Little Dreamers – supporting young people who provide care for family members living with disability.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: 9391 7000