Working at Woollahra
Woollahra Council is a customer service organisation. We provide a wide range of services to more than 55,000 residents and meeting the needs of our community is our top priority.
We employ over 400 staff in fields as diverse as planning and development, customer service, community services, engineering, horticulture and waste collection, to name a few.
Knowing that our customer service reputation relies on great people, we appreciate the key contribution our employees make towards our ongoing success.
Find out what's great about working for Woollahra Council
Our Corporate Values
We believe that what we do is important, but how we deliver our service is even more important.
Woollahra Council values:
- Respect: People are at the heart of everything we do. Communicate with honesty and display empathy. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Open: Be open minded and clear in your communications; be accessible to the community; explain the process as well as the outcome and be transparent in all your dealings.
- Accountable: Take responsibility for your actions. Own your mistakes and don’t pass the buck. Follow through on what you say you are going to do.
- Responsive: Always close the loop in a timely and productive way, even if you don’t have all answers. Be helpful at all times and anticipate the needs of residents upfront.
- Excellence: Strive to be the best at what you do; care about quality and outcomes at every step of the way. Work at the forefront of continuous improvements in service delivery for our community.
These values influence our interactions with each other and with the community, and by employing people who support these values we hope to build on our reputation as a customer service organisation.
Come and join us!
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature aged workers to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
For more information about our commitment to work health and safety (WHS) and equal employment opportunity (EEO), please contact email@example.com.