Parsley Bay Playground
COVID safe summer
We need your help so we can all enjoy a COVID safe summer.
Please meet social distancing requirements at all times, avoid crowds and practice good personal hygiene. Stay at home if you're unwell.
Our staff and security personnel will be monitoring crowds at our beaches and parks during summer. If locations reach full capacity to the extent where social distancing requirements cannot be met, we will need to stop further entry until more space becomes available. For location updates check our Facebook page. We will also be updating our VMS sign boards with site-specific information.
Parsley Bay playground is a lovely unfenced playground with swings, slides and a jungle gym.
Horler Avenue, Vaucluse
- A small car park is available from Horler Avenue. It opens at dawn and closes at approximately 6pm (non-daylight savings) and 8pm (daylight savings).
- Pedestrian access available from The Crescent, Hopetoun Avenue and Horler Avenue.
- Public toilets
- Bushland walking trails
- Harbour swimming enclosure (summer only)
Dogs are prohibited at all times.
- Accessible parking
- Ambulant toilet
- Integrated wheelchair equipment - a 'wheelspin' with wheelchair access
- A 'pod swing' with back support
- Quiet areas to the side of the main playspace provide calm spaces
- This inclusive playspace opened in September 2019 with funding assistance from the NSW Government’s Everyone Can Play Program.
The history of Parsley Bay Reserve has been given a nod within the playspace. The ship is named the “Shirase” after the Japanese Antarctic expedition team and their commander, who sought shelter in Parsley Bay in 1911 after battling treacherous weather.