You can now pay for parking on your phone with Park'nPay
Published 16 May 2022
It's now easier than ever to pay for metered parking. The NSW Government’s Park'nPay mobile phone app is available for all parking meters within the Woollahra Municipality. The app provides increased flexibility in paying for a parking space in metered parking areas.
In the interest of improving parking technologies in high demand parking areas across Woollahra Council, a 12-month trial of the NSW Park'nPay mobile phone app started on Monday, 16 May 2022. This convenient payment method will be available in all existing paid parking areas (Double Bay Commercial Centre and Oxford Street, Paddington).
If you are parking in any of these areas, you can use the NSW Park'nPay app to make payment for parking without having to attend a parking meter. Payment through the NSW Park'nPay app will not require a ticket to display. You can also top up your existing parking using the mobile app. In addition, you will receive notifications when your parking is about to expire. Once you have registered on the app, you can also access your parking history and other features.
The fees associated with the NSW Park'nPay app are in line with the Council’s current fees and charges for parking meters in Double Bay Commercial Centre and Oxford Street, Paddington.
Parking meters will still be in operation and if you don't have the app, you can pay for parking using credit card or coin payments and display the ticket on your dashboard.
Game changer for motorists
Minister for Customer Service and Digital Government Victor Dominello said since its launch in 2019, Park’nPay had been a game changer for motorists, with more than 100,000 app downloads so far.
“We are excited to put the power of parking back into the hands of the thousands of people who live, work and travel in Woollahra by giving them a seamless parking experience,” Mr Dominello said.
“Whether they are heading to the shops, or catching up with friends at a café or restaurant, drivers will be able to use the app to pay for more than 500 spaces in these areas.
“They can also top-up through their phone and avoid parking fines, as well as pay for the exact amount of time they need the space.
“This is about making life easier for drivers, with more than 92 per cent giving the technology the thumbs up.”
“We are delighted the convenience of Park’nPay is now available to local residents and visitors to Woollahra,” Mayor of Woollahra, Councillor Susan Wynne said.
Benefits of the NSW Park'nPay app
- Pay for parking using your mobile phone.
- Receive notifications on your phone when your parking is about to expire to help avoid a fine.
- Your registration plate is your virtual "ticket" so there is no need for a paper ticket.
- You can easily top up your parking to allow for additional time if the time restriction allows.
- The app allows for flexible payment options including credit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- You can use the app as a guest user but if you register, you can keep track of your parking history and receipts.
- No additional charges or hidden costs to use the app.
How to setup the Park'nPay app
- Download the free Park'nPay app from the Apple App store or Google Play
- Register your details and verify to create an account (you can use the app as a guest user, but if you sign up you will not have to enter your details each time).
- Personalise your details in the Account Settings of the app (add multiple vehicles, payment method etc).
For more information on NSW Park'nPay mobile phone app visit parknpay.nsw.gov.au/.
Woollahra News e-newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter Woollahra News and get updates delivered straight to your inbox.