What’s in this year’s budget? Post pandemic financial recovery and investment in local infrastructure
The Plumer Road commercial centre, a favourite spot among both locals and visitors, will be upgraded with new streetscaping and improved parking.
Published 5 July 2021
With a total expenditure of $126.8 million, the recently endorsed 2021/22 Delivery Program and Operational Plan outlines a range of initiatives which will ensure our long-term financial sustainability and benefit our community.
Some of the capital works project highlights include:
- $4.4m for the construction of a new pedestrian plaza at Knox Street, Double Bay, funded by a grant from the NSW Government’s Public Spaces Legacy Program
- $300k for the Plumer Road, Rose Bay business centre streetscape upgrade
- $200k for the upgrade of Dillon Street Reserve including landscaping and play equipment
- $192k for pathway renewal at Trumper Park
- $480k for the upgrade of Cooper Park Community Hall, funded by the Australian Government Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program (LRCIP)
- $125k to expand the solar system at Kiaora Place, Double Bay.
In addition to these projects, our $106.8m Operational Expenditure budget will fund a number of ongoing services and programs for the community including park maintenance, waste services, libraries and community events.
The COVID-19 pandemic had significant economic impacts on our budget and we are focused on addressing our financial recovery from reduced revenue and the $7.9 million commitment we made to support local businesses and the community to help ease the economic burden of COVID-19.
Long term financial viability and addressing a $3.508M operating deficit is a priority so we are able to meet the ongoing needs of our local community and plan for infrastructure and maintenance improvements.
You can read more information about our budget in the 2021/22 Delivery Program and Operational Plan.
For the opportunity to have your say on local projects and priorities please register for Your Say Woollahra.
Woollahra News e-newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter Woollahra News and get updates delivered straight to your inbox.