New support measures for local small businesses announced
Published 30 July 2021
This week Council agreed to further support measures for local small businesses to help ease the economic burden of COVID-19, building on the $7.9 million support package we provided last year.
The new support measures include:
- Waiving outdoor dining fees during the lockdown and for two months after outdoor dining resumes.
- Offering deferral of rental payments for small business commercial tenants of council properties during lockdown and for two months after.
- Offering deferral of rental payments for community tenants of council properties during lockdown and for one month after.
- Commercial waste fees and charges will be reduced in line with reduced collection requirements.
- A new $115,000 grants program, open to businesses and community groups, to help revitalise the community when the lockdown ends.
- The implementation of new Business Concierge web pages on our website and continuation of the Small Business Newsletters and Economic Data Sharing.
- We will pay local suppliers within 14 days until the end of the 2021-2022 financial year.
If you are struggling to pay your Council rates, you can contact our Rates Team at email@example.com to apply for a payment plan.
We can all do our bit to support our small business community while staying home. Many businesses are offering takeaway, home delivery or online shopping.
Woollahra News e-newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter Woollahra News and get updates delivered straight to your inbox.