‘Create compost, not landfill’ kids truck art competition
Published 3 May 2021
Did you know you can put food scraps into your green-lid wheelie bin at home? If everybody did this we would halve the amount of waste our local area sends to landfill and create nourishing compost instead.
We're looking for some creative local primary school students to help us get the word out!
Local primary school students are invited to create an artwork around the theme – Create Compost, Not Landfill.
The winning artworks will be printed on our garbage trucks for everyone to see.
Entries must be A4 in size, landscape orientation and can be hand drawn or created using digital media. More details on artwork criteria and eligibility can be found in our Conditions of Entry.
Some ideas to think about:
- What is compost?
- What can go in our green bin at home?
- Why is compost important?
- How does recycling food scraps help our environment?
- What methods can we use to recycle food waste at home?
2019 winner Max Silva
- 4 winners will be chosen for truck art and will also receive a $50 book voucher.
- 4 runners up will receive a $25 book voucher.
- The school with the most entries will win a $200 prize for their school.
Entries close Monday 31 May.
For more information email:
Pamela Mina, Waste Projects Coordinator
Read more about what can and can’t go into your green bin.
Woollahra News e-newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter Woollahra News and get updates delivered straight to your inbox.