Changes to our services
The safety of our community and our staff is Council’s number one priority.
This is the action we have taken to minimise the likely impact of the virus on the community and businesses and a summary of changes to our services:
- Our beaches and harbourside pools are open. Please meet social distancing requirements at all times.
- Parks and reserves, playgrounds and fitness stations are open. Practice good personal hygiene (BYO hand sanitiser and towel for workouts). Stay at home if you're unwell. Please observe the Australian Government's requirements on public gatherings and social distancing.
- Our Customer Service Centre is open. We are here to help. You can also call 9391 7000 for all service requests, or lodge an online service request.
- Council libraries are open for an appointment-only select and collect service. Our library staff are available on 9391 7100 and email email@example.com. Check out all our amazing online resources.
- Council event hire spaces are closed.
- Our DA and application assessment staff are working remotely. There may be some delays experienced. You can now view Development Application notifications online.
- Only essential site inspections will be completed.
- Outdoor and operational services are continuing and will be reviewed regularly.
- Council's critical service and emergency staff are still working on site. Most of our office based staff are working from home.
- Waste, recycling, organics and e-waste collection will continue as normal. Our paid household clean-up collection will resume on 22 June.
- We are now hosting a series of online events.
- We have introduced a range of measures valued at $5M to ease the impact of COVID-19 on local small businesses.
Looking after your health and helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19
Thank you to everyone in our community who has helped reduce the spread of COVID-19. While we have seen a significant reduction in the number of positive cases of COVID-19 we need to continue to maintain social distancing requirements.
We want you to know you are not in this alone and we encourage you to reach out and seek the help you or the people you care about need. We have put together a list of phone numbers and resources we hope will support you.
Please keep informed about COVID-19 and important information from NSW Health and the Australian Government Department of Health. Service NSW can help with all government information and services 24/7 on 13 77 88.
Get the latest updates from the Australian Government's WhatsApp channel, Coronavirus Australia app (available from the Apple App Store and Google Play) or National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. You can also download the COVIDSafe app.
A drive-through COVID-19 testing clinic is now operating in Double Bay. The appointment-only service offered by Double Bay Doctors is located in Jamberoo Lane and is in operation 7 days a week, subject to weather conditions and patient demand. The clinic includes Telehealth consultation prior to drive-through appointment, respiratory examination, COVID-19 testing where applicable and follow-up care if required. The service has been endorsed by NSW Health and is not restricted to Double Bay or Woollahra Municipality residents. For more information please visit Double Bay Doctors. For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask that everyone follows social distancing requirements. Crime Stoppers NSW is the nominated reporting agency for the public to provide information to police about individuals, businesses and corporations not complying with public health orders relating to COVID-19. Breaches can be reported by phone 1800 333 000 (24/7) or online.
Woollahra News e-newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter Woollahra News and get updates delivered straight to your inbox.