Australia Day 2021 Honours List
Published 27 January 2021
Congratulations to the 11 local residents who were recognised in the Australia Day 2021 Honours List.
Thank you for your significant contribution to our community and country.
Companion (AC) in the General Division
The Honourable Malcolm Bligh TURNBULL (Point Piper)
For eminent service to the people and Parliament of Australia, particularly as Prime Minister, through significant contributions to national security, free trade, the environment and clean energy, innovation, economic reform and marriage equality, and to business and philanthropy.
Officer (AO) in the General Division
- Emeritus Professor Christopher Joseph FELL AM (Double Bay) - for distinguished service to science and engineering, particularly to nanotechnology research and fabrication, and to professional networks
- Mr Michael Douglas MANN AM (Bellevue Hill) - for distinguished service to tertiary education through strategic development initiatives, and to Australia-South East Asia relations.
Member (AM) in the General Division
- Dr Milton Edgeworth OSBORNE (Bellevue Hill) - for significant service to history as an author.
- Dr Tom Justin PLAYFAIR (Woollahra) - for significant service to ophthalmology, and to professional colleges.
- Mr Kerry Chisholm ROXBURGH (Darling Point) - for significant service to the financial sector, and to women in business.
- Ms Elizabeth Rose SWAN (Woollahra) - for significant service to the library and information sciences, and to professional associations.
- Mr Peter Harry WISE (Rose Bay) - for significant service to the Jewish community through a range of roles.
Medal (OAM) in the General Division
- Mrs Ellen GREENFIELD (Bellevue Hill) - for service to the fashion and textiles industries, and to the community.
- Mrs Lea PORTRATE (Edgecliff) - for service to the Jewish community of Sydney.
- Mr Gregory Lauchlan SANDERSON (Woollahra) - for service to the community through philanthropic and fundraising roles.
Read the full Australia Day 2021 Honours List.
Woollahra News e-newsletter
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter Woollahra News and get updates delivered straight to your inbox.