Woollahra Libraries offer a stellar line up of entertaining, inspiring and educational events. Due to the current social distancing requirements and temporary closure of our Libraries, we have extended our online presence to present a similar experience through digital events.
Digital Escape Room
Everyone loves the challenge of an Escape Room. We have created our own digital Escape Room that you can access at any time, from the comfort of your own home.
You have found yourself to be locked up in the Library. Follow the clues to make your great escape - in our very own Woollahra Libraries Digital Escape Room, created by our Library Programs Team. Click on the link below to enter....if you dare!
The Digital Escape Room Experience is best enjoyed via desktop computer or laptop rather than a tablet or mobile device.
Suitable for all ages.
Virtual Work Hub
Join us for a Silent Zoom in our Virtual Work Hub. Our online workspace offers a quiet digital environment for focus and productivity with others. You could be tackling everyday work, a writing project or perhaps studying; but at home distractions abound and it can feel lonely.
Attend a Virtual Work Hub for a focused workspace each week.
Tuesday, 10:30am-11:45am Register
Thursday, 1:30pm-2:45pm Register
How will it work?
- Register your participation in the Virtual Work Hub in advance. You will receive meeting details, URL and password upon registration.
- Come prepared with a project or piece of work to work on independently.
- After a brief welcome, a timer will be set for 25 minutes of distraction free focused work time. After a short break, we will work through another 25 minute block of focused work time.
- There will be a short time to chat with participants after both work blocks are completed.
How to prepare:
- Remove distractions. Put your phone out of sight, close your door and turn off notifications.
- Grab a glass of water and use the restroom beforehand.
- Come to the session with a clear goal of what you would like to achieve.
In order to decrease the social isolation we may currently be feeling, and to increase accountability, your video will be displayed during this session.
Please note this session may be recorded. Woollahra Libraries wants to encourage a virtual space that is both welcoming and safe. If anyone behaves in a way that jeopardises the safety of others, or makes them feel uncomfortable, you will be removed from the session. Community guidelines will be sent upon registration.