Using the library
We are open!
- Bring your library card, or join on arrival (with proof of address), to browse the collection and borrow items at the self-checkout kiosks
- Your library card will be scanned on entry for contact tracing
- No appointment time is required
- Bookable study spots are available at Woollahra Library at Double Bay in specified time slots for 2 hours per person per day
- Computer bookings are available for 45 minutes per person per day. Bookings commence on the hour and allow for 15 minutes where cleaning can take place
- Printers, photocopiers and scanners are available at all our libraries. You can also print from your device
- Only directional assistance can be provided by Library staff
- Returned items will remain on your card for 4 days while they are quarantined
- All in-person events & programs are being held online. Recordings of past online events and are available online
- Do not come to the Library if you are feeling unwell
- Please practise social distancing
- There is no casual seating available at any of the libraries. Food and drinks (other than bottled water) cannot be consumed in the libraries
- Please treat our staff with courtesy and respect
Our libraries aren't just places of books; they're spaces where you can connect to others in your community, learn new things, develop ideas and feel inspired.
Find out what items can be borrowed and for how long.
Not ready to return your items? Renew online.
Membership is free and you can join online.
Can't find what you're looking for?
If the item you'd like is already loaned by someone else... make a reservation
If you can't find what you want in our catalogue... request an item