- Visit us
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Library app
- Using the library
Explore our collection
- Digital Events
- eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Kids Space
- Online information and databases
- Learn a language
- Local history
Author Q & A
- Phillip Adams - Author Q & A
- Margaret Rice - Author Q & A
- Greig Beck - Author Q & A
- Vanessa Berry - Author Q & A
- Tim Bowden - Author Q & A
- Helen Brown - Author Q & A
- Melissa Bruce - Author Q & A
- Darleen Bungey - Author Q & A
- Luke Carman - Author Q & A
- Claudia Chan Shaw - Author Q & A
- Jessie Cole - Author Q & A
- Peter Corris - Author Q & A
- Sibella Court - Author Q & A
- Sam Crosby - Author Q & A
- James Curran - Author Q & A
- Mark Dapin - Author Q & A
- Michelle de Kretser - Author Q & A
- Robert Dessaix - Author Q & A
- Michael Duffy - Author Q & A
- David Dyer - Author Q & A
- Elizabeth Farrelly - Author Q&A
- Tim Ferguson - Author Q & A
- Jesse Fink - Author Q & A
- Tim Fischer - Author Q & A
- Kate Forsyth - Author Q & A
- Candice Fox - Author Q & A
- Peter Garrett - Author Q & A
- Nikki Gemmell - Author Q & A
- Richard Glover - Author Q & A
- Libby Hathorn - Author Q & A
- David Hunt - Author Q & A
- Maggie Joel - Author Q & A
- Mark Johnston - Author Q & A
- Meg Keneally - Author Q & A
- L.A. Larkin - Author Q & A
- Kate McClymont - Author Q & A
- Fleur McDonald - Author Q & A
- Hugh Mackay - Author Q & A
- Gretchen Miller - Author Q & A
- Patti Miller - Author Q & A
- Margaret Morgan - Author Q & A
- Chris Muir - Author Q & A
- Judy Nunn - Author Q & A
- Helen O'Neill - Author Q & A
- Gill Paul - Author Q & A
- Roland Perry - Author Q & A
- Ailsa Piper - Author Q & A
- Michael Robotham - Author Q & A
- Mandy Sayer - Author Q & A
- Sam Twyford-Moore - Author Q & A
- Terry Smyth - Author Q & A
- Graeme Simsion and Anne Buist - Author Q & A
- Sarah Turnbull - Author Q & A
- Nancy Underhill - Author Q & A
- Josh Wakely - Author Q & A
- Dr. Tanveer Ahmed - Author Q & A
- Adam Spencer - Author Q & A
- Louis Nowra - Author Q & A
- Jane Caro - Author Q & A
- Jessica Rowe - Author Q & A
- Grace Tobin - Author Q & A
- Elizabeth Coleman - Author Q & A
- Dr Peter Sheridan - Author Q & A
- Michael Speechley - Author Q & A
- Jacqueline Harvey - Author Q & A
- Staff and reader picks
- Themed picks
- Picks of the month
- Author Q & A
- Community languages
- Magazines and newspapers
- Online library
- What's On
- Children's services
- Youth services
- Local history
- Home Library Service
Holiday Family Fun: Festive Craft Pack
Watch this short demonstration video to assemble the contents of your Festive Craft Pack into a gorgeous hanging decoration. Visit Woollahra Libraries this festive season to collect a free take home craft pack (whilst stocks last ) or use materials and old photos you have at home to get creative.
Parents and Carers: Tips for School Success
Learn about ways to support school aged children no matter what the school year looks like! From adjusting to new routines, tackling online learning, boosting reading, writing and comprehension skills, as well as helping your child understand assignments and avoiding learning loss. Allow the team at Lindamood- Bell share the many ways to boost comprehension, studying, and writing and kick start the school year ahead.
Mini Makers Club: Halloween Science
Do you dare join us this Halloween for a scaring of science? Create along with us your own electrostatic-powered dancing ghosts, a Jack-o’-lantern self-inflating balloon, some erupting pumpkins (or apples), a vomiting ‘head’ and a devilishly dissolving bath bomb.
Adult supervision is advised. Some at home materials are required.
Growing Food from Scraps
Learn how to grow fruit and vegetables from your cooking and food prep offcuts. From carrot tops to pumpkin seeds and all sorts of fruit, check your fridge or fresh kitchen waste and then join us on a 'how to grow food from scraps' session using basic materials you most likely have at home.
Garden Story Time and Drawing
Join us for a garden themed story time reading of 'Flora and Rainbow Hopping Bug' read by author Helen Lewis and illustrator Asiyeh Ansari. This session also features a drawing exercise led by illustrator of the book. Get some paper and pencils ready to join in on the fun.
Make a Bird Bath
It is always lovely to welcome birds to your garden. We share how to make a bird bath from materials found at home and where to place them to encourage birds to visit your outside spaces.
Special FX Film Making Workshop
Looking to bolster your Hollywood filmmaking toolkit? Or even just elevate your TikTok game? StarTime’s SPFX Filmmaking workshop will equip you with the skills and knowledge to craft your own special FX action sequence. Our professional filmmakers will show you how to use Hollywood green screen techniques and motion graphics to create fireballs, laser shots, explosions and more.
School Holiday Fun: Around the World LEGO® Challenge
Grab your LEGO® and get creative with our Around the World LEGO® challenge. Create a world city in the comfort of your own home.
Mini Makers Club – Thai Cooking Workshop
Grab an apron and join in from your kitchen to learn new cooking skills and make dinner for your family! Otao Kitchen takes you through the steps of making some tantalising Thai recipes.
Book Week Author and Illustrator Talk with Alexa Moses and Anil Tortop
Meet the creators of the delightful CBCA shortlisted picture book Bat vs Poss, a wonderful tale about sharing and making friends. In this workshop you will learn how to write in rhyme with author Alexa Moses and how to draw Squabbles the bat with illustrator Anil Tortop.
NAIDOC Week: Author Talk with Jasmine Seymour
To celebrate NAIDOC Week, primary school teacher, author and illustrator Jasmine Seymour shares with us Darug language and life, along with her award winning books that include Baby Business and Cooee Mittigar.
Mini Makers Club: Coding Workshop
Learn how to code a chatbot in this follow-along coding workshop.
Science Behind the Scenes - Helping to Keep our Harbour Clean
Learn how scientists measure water pollution and whether pollution is linked to birds, dogs or humans. Follow Marine Biologist Will Jones to explore hidden creeks, drains and waterways from Bondi to Rose Bay. This event was part of National Science Week.
School Holiday Fun: Let’s Do Art with Freda Chiu
Make a mini fold-out storybook with Sydney illustrator and artist Freda Chiu. Use your imagination and creativity to draw whacky animals using a bold mark-making technique.