The 'Precious' Series
Woollahra Council developed three teaching resources in support of the Woollahra Environmental Schools Sculpture Prize with thanks to funding from the NSW Government through its Environmental Trust.
Each of the three, six-part, syllabus-based, teaching resources were developed for teachers to support stage 2 and 3 students in combining visual arts with sustainability education in the lead up to the Woollahra Environmental Schools Sculpture Prizes.
Each of the teaching resources developed can be downloaded freely below.
- Precious Water Environmental Sculpture Resource Kit (PDF)
- Precious Resources Environmental Sculpture Resource Kit (PDF)
- Precious Plants & Animals Environmental Sculpture Resource Kit (PDF)
Links to supporting images and resources
- Manna (2009) by Lauren Berkowitz (homepage shows Manna)
- In the Balance - Lauren Berkowitz
- 7000 Oaks (1980) by Joseph Beuys
- Bicycle Wheel (1913) by Marcel Duchamp
- Lobster Telephone (1936) by Salvador Dali
- Gift (1921) by Man Ray
- Object (Luncheon in Fur) (1936) by Meret Oppenheim
This project has been made possible with thanks to funding from the NSW Government through its Environmental Trust
Environmental Education Officer
Phone: 9391 7095