Planning proposal for the Four in Hand Hotel, 105 Sutherland Street, Paddington
Woollahra Council is exhibiting a planning proposal in relation to the Four in Hand Hotel at 105 Sutherland Street, Paddington [Lot A in DP 330465] and we invite your comment.
The objective of the planning proposal is to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (Woollahra LEP 2014), to list the Four in Hand Hotel as a heritage item. Heritage listing will provide ongoing protection and recognition of the heritage significance of the building and interiors.
A detailed description of the heritage significance of the item is included in the supporting documents to the planning proposal, particularly the Heritage Assessment/Heritage Inventory Sheet.
The gateway determination does not authorise Council as the local plan-making authority to make the LEP.
The exhibition will run from Wednesday 29 May 2019 – Friday 28 June 2019.
Public exhibition details
Part 1 - Planning proposal and gateway determination
Part 2 – Supplementary information
- Heritage Significance Assessment/Inventory Sheet prepared by Robert Moore (November 2018)
- Submission from Ruth Daniell on behalf of the land owner (21 December 2018)
- Response to owner’s submission by Robert A Moore Pty Ltd (21 January 2019)
- Council resolution (11 February 2019)
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel report (7 March 2019) - (Annexures removed)
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel advice (7 March 2019)
- Environmental Planning Committee report (1 April 2019) - (Annexures removed)
- Council resolution (8 April 2019)
Part 3 – Reference material
- Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (written instrument and maps)
- List of State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs) and deemed SEPPs
- Section 117 Directions for Planning Proposals
- A guide to preparing local environmental plans
- A guide to preparing planning proposals
- Disclosure of political donations and gifts
Submissions and enquiries
Quote reference (SC4755 Submissions) and address to the General Manager at Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay NSW 1360 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions can be made in writing during the period Wednesday 29 May 2019 – Friday 28 June 2019.
When making a submission, please provide your contact details such as an email or postal address so we can keep you up to date on the matter. If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your submission, please contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.
The supply of personal information is voluntary. If personal information is not provided, Council may be limited in dealing with a submission. Submissions, summaries of submissions, and/or names and addresses of people making submissions may be included in publicly available reports to Council or Committee Meetings.
Please note that, in accordance with section 18(1)(b) of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW), you are advised that all submissions received by Council in relation to any matter will be placed on the appropriate Council file and may be disclosed to Councillors, Council Officers, consultants to Council or members of the public.
Pursuant to the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) the Council may be obliged to allow inspection of its documents, including any submissions you may make.