Planning proposal for Gaden House, 2A Cooper Street, Double Bay
Woollahra Council is exhibiting a planning proposal in relation to Gaden House, Double Bay and we invite your comment. Gaden House is located at 2A Cooper Street, Double Bay (also known as 24-26 Bay Street, Double Bay) and is legally known as Lots 11 and 12 DP 4606.
The objective of the planning proposal is to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (Woollahra LEP 2014), to list Gaden House, including its interiors, as a heritage item. Heritage listing will provide ongoing protection and recognition of the heritage significance of the building and interiors.
To enable this objective the planning proposal seeks to amend Woollahra LEP 2014 in the following manner:
- Insert a listing for Gaden House, including its interiors, in Part 1 Heritage Items of Schedule 5 Environmental Heritage.
- Amend the Heritage Map (Sheet HER_003A) to identify a heritage item on the site of Gaden House at 2A Cooper Street, Double Bay.
The gateway determination does not authorise Council as the local plan-making authority to make the LEP.
Public exhibition material
Part 1 - Planning proposal and gateway determination
- Planning proposal - February 2019
- Planning proposal - Appendix 1 - Council notice of motion 12 February 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 2 - Heritage Significance Assessment – 4 September 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 3 - Local Heritage Data Form - September 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 4 - State Heritage Data Form - September 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 5 - State Heritage Register Nomination Form - September 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 6 - Submission on behalf of the land owner by Heritage 21 - 12 July 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 7 - Submission on behalf of the land owner by Heritage 21 - 7 August 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 8 - Response to Heritage 21 submission - 28 August 2018
- Gateway Determination
Part 2 - Supplementary information
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel - Agenda - 13 September 2018
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel - Minutes - 13 September 2018
- Environmental Planning Committee - Agenda - Report - 15 October 2018
- Environmental Planning Committee - Annexure 1 - Planning proposal - October 2018
- Council - Minutes - 29 October 2018
Part 3 - Relevant planning controls and other information
- Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014
- NSW Department of Planning & Environment - A guide to preparing local environmental plans
- List of State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs) and deemed SEPPs
- Directions under Section 117 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
- Disclosure of political donations and gifts
Submissions and enquiries
Quote reference SC4429 Submissions and address to the General Manager at Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay NSW 1360 or email to email@example.com
Submissions can be made in writing during the period Wednesday 27 February 2019 - Friday 29 March 2019.
When making a submission, please provide your contact details such as an email or postal address so we can keep you up to date on the matter. If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your submission, please contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.
For more information contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.
The supply of personal information is voluntary. If personal information is not provided, Council may be limited in dealing with a submission. Submissions, summaries of submissions, and/or names and addresses of people making submissions may be included in publicly available reports to Council or Committee Meetings.
Please note that, in accordance with section 18(1)(b) of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW), you are advised that all submissions received by Council in relation to any matter will be placed on the appropriate Council file and may be disclosed to Councillors, Council Officers, consultants to Council or members of the public.
Pursuant to the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) the Council may be obliged to allow inspection of its documents, including any submissions you may make.