Planning proposal for Dunara Reserve, Point Piper
Woollahra Council is exhibiting a planning proposal in relation to Dunara Reserve, Point Piper (the site) and we invite your comment. The site is located between 1 Wentworth Street and 9 Dunara Gardens, Point Piper, and comprises Lot 11 in DP 27451.
The objective of the planning proposal is to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (Woollahra LEP 2014), to list Dunara Reserve, Point Piper, as a heritage item. Heritage listing will provide ongoing protection and recognition of the heritage significance of the site, including a range of exotic and native trees.
To enable this objective the planning proposal seeks to amend Woollahra LEP 2014 in the following manner:
- Insert a listing for Dunara Reserve – remnant of the residential garden of “Dunara”, in Part 1 Heritage Items of Schedule 5 Environmental Heritage.
- Amend the Heritage Map (Sheet HER_002) to identify an additional heritage item on the site of Dunara Reserve.
Council has been authorised to use its delegation to exercise the functions of the Greater Sydney Commission under section 3.36(2) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 to make the LEP. Written submissions about the planning proposal are invited.
Public exhibition material
Part 1 - Planning proposal and gateway determination
- Planning proposal
- Planning proposal - Appendix 1 - Report to the Environmental Planning Committee of 2 July 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 2 - Council resolution of 16 July 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 3 - Heritage Significance Assessment, including draft inventory sheet (heritage data form)
- Gateway determination
Part 2 - Supplementary information
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel Agenda - 13 September 2018
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel Minutes - 13 September 2018
- Environmental Planning Committee Agenda - 15 October 2018
- Council Minutes - 29 October 2018
Part 3 - Relevant planning controls and other information
- Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014
- NSW Department of Planning & Environment - A guide to preparing local environmental plans
- List of State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs) and deemed SEPPs
- Directions under Section 117 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
- Disclosure of political donations and gifts
Submissions and enquiries
Quote reference SC4415 Submissions and address to the General Manager at Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay NSW 1360 or email to email@example.com
Submissions can be made in writing during the period Wednesday 6 February 2019 - Friday 8 March 2019.
When making a submission, please provide your contact details such as an email or postal address so we can keep you up to date on the matter. If you do not receive an acknowledgement of your submission, please contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.
For more information contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.
The supply of personal information is voluntary. If personal information is not provided, Council may be limited in dealing with a submission. Submissions, summaries of submissions, and/or names and addresses of people making submissions may be included in publicly available reports to Council or Committee Meetings.
Please note that, in accordance with section 18(1)(b) of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW), you are advised that all submissions received by Council in relation to any matter will be placed on the appropriate Council file and may be disclosed to Councillors, Council Officers, consultants to Council or members of the public.
Pursuant to the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) the Council may be obliged to allow inspection of its documents, including any submissions you may make.