Notice of Proposal for Alcohol Free Zones during New Year’s Eve 2020 - 2025
In response to requests from the Rose Bay Local Area Command, Woollahra Council proposes to continue New Year’s Eve alcohol-free zones (AFZ) in a number of streets in the Darling Point and Rose Bay area, and to add one street in Vaucluse, to assist Police with the management of crowds and alcohol-free sites during the 2020-2025 New Year’s Eve festivities.
Alcohol Free Zones give police the power to confiscate alcohol to prevent alcohol related anti-social behaviour and crime. Any person observed to be drinking in an AFZ may have the alcohol in their possession immediately seized.
The following streets are proposed to be established as Alcohol-Free Zones in accordance with Section 644 of the Local Government Act 1993 on the listed dates:
- 12.01am on 31 December 2020 to 12 Midday on 1 January 2021
- 12.01am on 31 December 2021 to 12 Midday on 1 January 2022
- 12.01am on 31 December 2022 to 12 Midday on 1 January 2023
- 12.01am on 31 December 2023 to 12 Midday on 1 January 2024
- 12.01am on 31 December 2024 to 12 Midday on 1 January 2025
- New South Head Road (Along the precinct of Rushcutters Bay Park)
- New Beach Road
- Darling Point Road (From the intersection of Mona Road and Greenoaks Avenue to Darling Point Reserve)
- Yarranabbe Road
- Goomerah Crescent
- Hampden Avenue
- Bennett Avenue
- Thornton Street
- Dumaresq Road
- Fernleigh Avenue
- Caledonian Road
- Collins Avenue
- Vickery Avenue
- Queens Avenue
Representations may be made, addressed to the General Manager, by 4pm Monday 30 November 2020.