Opportunities at Council
Volunteering is a great way to make new friends, use your skills, connect with your local community and make a real difference.
Woollahra Council proudly supports volunteers who strengthen the local and surrounding community with their contribution.
Download the position description booklet (PDF) for detailed information on all positions available.
Bushcare volunteering program - help regenerate and preserve Woollahra's bushland.
Woollahra Libraries - assist with library events, the Home Library Service, maintaining the local history collection and general library services.
Arts and Culture
- Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize - assist with the only national prize for small sculptures.
- Woollahra Cultural Projects - help with cultural programs and activities across Woollahra.
Complete the Volunteer Application Form (PDF) to register your interest. Once we receive your form, we will contact you.
Other volunteering opportunities
- Holdsworth - assist with a variety of positions supporting our local community.
- The Centre for Volunteering - includes a wide variety of volunteering opportunities and resources.
- Volunteer and Service Training (VAST) - for opportunities within Home and Community Care (HACC) Services in the eastern suburbs.
- Our Big Kitchen - assist in preparing meals for people in need across Sydney
- Jewish Care - a variety of opportunities to support Jewish Care’s delivery of their successful programs and services
- Bikeast - representing people on bicycles in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
- Harbourside East Evening VIEW Club - Club members are actively involved in fundraising activities to raise donations for The Smith Family programs.
- Community Radio – Radio Eastern Sydney Co-operative Limited – interested in community broadcasting
- Paddington Police Citizens Youth Club (PCYC) – PCYC need volunteers to ssist with sport, recreation and leadership development programs for young people.
- Primary Ethics Bellevue Hill
- Rotary Club of Rose Bay
- Probus Club of Double Bay
- Scouts NSW – opportunities for adults to volunteer rewarding opportunities to make a difference to young people’s lives.
- Green Gym –fitness combined with nature conservation
- NSW SES – volunteers respond to service weather events
- Do Something Near You