Volunteering during COVID-19
Now, more than ever, is a good time to consider volunteering with a local group or organisation. It can be a great way to connect with our community and make a real difference.
There are a number of local volunteering opportunities outside of Council where you can help support others during this time.
Council is still receiving applications for new volunteers for future activities. Complete the Volunteer Application Form to register your interest. Once we receive your form, we will contact you.
If your organisation serves the Woollahra community and is looking for volunteers during COVID-19, please email information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local volunteering opportunities
- Holdsworth - in Woollahra is keeping a list of volunteers to call on. You will need a police check.
- Our Big Kitchen - assist in preparing or distributing meals for people in need across Sydney. Apply online.
- COA Sydney - assist with delivering kosher Meals on Wheels or fruit and vegetables to vulnerable or isolated people. Volunteers need to be 65 years or below. Apply online.
- Catholic Healthcare - assist with making telephone calls to the elderly. More information.
Other volunteering opportunities
- The Centre for Volunteering - volunteering opportunities and resources
- Do Something Near You
- #ViralKindness – start or join a local group. You can ask for help or offer a hand with essential tasks like shopping for food, picking up medicine, a regular check-in call and more.
- Go Volunteer – a range of volunteering opportunities.
- Volunteer and Service Training (VAST) – volunteering opportunities within Home and Community Care Services in the eastern suburbs.