Woollahra Garden Awards 2018
Woollahra Municipality is known for its stunning parks and gardens and Council has established an annual Awards competition to encourage gardening and recognise the community members and groups whose green spaces help to enhance our local environment.
2018 Woollahra Garden Awards winners announced
Outstanding local gardens were recognised on Wednesday 14 November at the 2018 Woollahra Garden Awards presentation ceremony held at Woollahra Council Chambers in Double Bay.
The entries were judged by Indira Naidoo, author of bestselling gardening book The Edible Balcony and 2CH radio host; television and radio personality Diana Fisher OAM, and Woollahra Mayor Peter M Cavanagh.
The judges were extremely impressed with the high standards of all entries, and had a difficult but enjoyable task in choosing the Best Overall Garden and category winners. The winners were announced as follows:
- Best Garden (Overall): Mark Moran Vaucluse
- Best Small Garden: Joan Dobell-Brown – Kent Road Verge Garden, Rose Bay
- Best Community / School Garden: Rose Bay Community Garden
- Best Sustainable Garden – Derby Street Community Project, Vaucluse
The judges also presented 3 highly commended awards:
- Highly Commended: Cooper Park Community Garden
- Highly Commended: Paddington Community Garden
- Highly Commended: Michelle Falstein and Robert Coppola - Bellevue Hill
The Woollahra Garden Awards will return in 2019! Stay tuned for more details and dates.