Woollahra Citizenship Awards
The Woollahra Citizenship Awards aim to celebrate the broad array of individuals and groups who have demonstrated excellent citizenship and contribution to the people of Woollahra and/or the wider community.
Council hosted an online ceremony to acknowledge the 2020 winners of the Woollahra Citizenship Awards on Wednesday 20 October 2021. The Ceremony was live streamed and the recording is now available for viewing below.
Woollahra 2020 Citizen of the Year, Barry Joseph
Congratulations to all the winners of the Woollahra 2020 Citizenship Awards. The award winners were notified by the Mayor of Woollahra on 2 April 2020
The 2020 award winners were contacted by the Mayor of Woollahra on Thursday 2nd April and personally thanked for their invaluable contribution to the local community.
- In each category other than Citizen of the Year, which is an individual award, nominations may be for groups or individuals.
- Nominees must be residents of the Woollahra Municipality, and/or have a strong affiliation with a project or organisation in Woollahra.
- Groups or individuals based in Woollahra may be nominated for work which benefits communities outside Woollahra.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted by individuals or groups.
- Awards are not available to Councillors, State or Federal politicians or Council Officers whilst still in office.
- Recipients of each award may be invited to attend and speak at Council functions and events during the year of receiving the award.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Previous winners may not be awarded again in the same category.
- Contributions from individual nominees and groups recognised under these awards must be for work undertaken in a volunteer / unpaid capacity.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Nominees may be considered across different categories of nomination as appropriate.
- Nominees for the Youth Award must be under 25 years of age in the year of the award.
- Nominees for the Senior’s Award must be 65 years of age or older in the year of the award.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: 9391 7000