Woollahra Citizenship Awards
The Woollahra Citizenship Awards aim to celebrate the broad array of individuals and groups who have demonstrated excellent citizenship and contribution to the people of Woollahra and/or the wider community.
The Woollahra 2020 Citizenship Awards are now open for nominations, and will remain open until October 31. Please see the category definitions and eligibility criteria below, and nominate an individual or group that you believe is a role model in the category of nomination.
The awards are presented annually at a Community Leaders’ Reception, hosted by the Mayor of Woollahra.
- In each category other than Citizen of the Year, which is an individual award, nominations may be for groups or individuals.
- Nominees must be residents of the Woollahra Municipality, and/or have a strong affiliation with a project or organisation in Woollahra.
- Groups or individuals based in Woollahra may be nominated for work which benefits communities outside Woollahra.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted by individuals or groups.
- Awards are not available to Councillors, State or Federal politicians or Council Officers whilst still in office.
- Recipients of each award may be invited to attend and speak at Council functions and events during the year of receiving the award.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Previous winners may not be awarded again in the same category.
- Contributions from individual nominees and groups recognised under these awards must be for work undertaken in a volunteer / unpaid capacity.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Nominees may be considered across different categories of nomination as appropriate.
- Nominees for the Youth Award must be under 25 years of age in the year of the award.
- Nominees for the Senior’s Award must be 65 years of age or older in the year of the award.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: 9391 7166