Woollahra Citizenship Awards
The Woollahra Citizenship Awards aim to celebrate the broad array of individuals and groups who have demonstrated excellent citizenship and contribution to the people of Woollahra and/or the wider community.
Nominations for the 2019 Citizenship Awards have now closed. Winners will be announced in March 2019.
- Nominate an individual
- Nominate a group OR organisation
- In each category other than Citizen of the Year, which is an individual award, nominations may be for groups or individuals.
- Nominees must be residents of the Woollahra Municipality, and/or have a strong affiliation with a project or organisation in Woollahra.
- Groups or individuals based in Woollahra may be nominated for work which benefits communities outside Woollahra.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted by individuals or groups.
- Awards are not available to Councillors, State or Federal politicians or Council Officers whilst still in office.
- Recipients of each award may be invited to attend and speak at Council functions and events during the year of receiving the award.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Previous winners may not be awarded again in the same category.
- Contributions from individual nominees and groups recognised under these awards must be for work undertaken in a volunteer / unpaid capacity.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Nominees may be considered across different categories of nomination as appropriate.
- Nominees for the Youth Award must be under 25 years of age in the year of the award.
- Nominees for the Senior’s Award must be 65 years of age or older in the year of the award.
For more information, please contact:
Telephone: 9391 7166
Fax: 9391 7044