Lodge your application

In This Section

Online development applications via the NSW Planning Portal

From 1 July 2020, Woollahra Council will be accepting online Development Applications (DAs), including Section 4.55 Modification Applications and Section 8.2 Review Applications via the NSW Planning Portal. Lodgements of DAs and associated applications can still be lodged in person at Council’s Customer Service Centre or by mail for a transitional period.

For more information please visit the NSW Planning Portal website.

Am I ready to lodge my DA?

  1. Make sure you have prepared your application correctly to avoid assessment delays. Rushing a development application to lodgement will cost you more time than you think.
  2. Download and complete the Development Application form (PDF) which includes a lodgement checklist.
  3. Lodge your DA and pay the fees.

Where do I lodge my DA?

You can lodge your Development Application via the NSW Planning Portal or in person at:

Woollahra Council's Customer Service Centre
536 New South Head Road, Double Bay
(see Getting to Council Chambers for parking and public transport information)

You can lodge your application by mail but we often find that applications lodged by mail are incomplete. If your application is incomplete, it may be rejected and posted back. We also ask that you check with us the fees that are payable to avoid the mailing of cheques with the wrong fees. If the correct fees do not accompany your application, it will not be accepted.

To work out the correct fees you must correctly identify the estimated value of the proposed work. Other fees may also apply.

How do I lodge my DA online?

Register with the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment via their Planning Portal to create an account to submit your application.

Obtain all required documents

Supporting documentation is required when lodging an application. View the Submission Matrix (PDF) to make sure you have everything you need. In addition to the documents specified in the Submission Matrix, you will need to:

Lodge your application electronically

You must prepare and submit your development application on the NSW Planning Portal.

The NSW Government Department of Planning, Industry and Environment has created a guide to walk you through registration and lodgement on the Planning Portal.

If your application is incomplete, you'll receive details on what is required via the Planning Portal.

Obtain an application fee quote

There are fees associated with the lodgement of a development application. Once your DA is accepted, a payment request with the relevant fees to be paid will be uploaded by Council to the NSW Planning Portal and you will be notified.

Application fees are detailed in Council's Fees and Charges.

Registration of the development application

If lodging in person, this is done while you wait at our Customer Service counter. We make an electronic record of the application before we process payment of the fees.

If lodging online, your application is registered with Council once the completeness check has been done and the fees have been paid.